RoF T1 Group armor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Reviled, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Reviled Elder

Hi Guys, i was curious if anyone knew what the required lvl was for the new T1 group armor, and how much the required regeant and container cost to make each piece. Thank you.
  2. heket New Member

• The two vendor-bought components for armor are bought from the vendor Master Armorer Synlaris in Shard's Landing.
      • She is found at location 320, 120, 0 (in a tent in the southwestern part of the crater that sits in the center of the zone).

• Templates...
      • There are no templates required in making the armor (you only need the container + essence augmentor + item drop).

• Dropped components come from nameds and missions (for group armor) and raids in the expansion
  3. Chandrok Augur

The descriptions on the armor drops should tell you everything you need. The Essence Augmentor is only used to make T2 armor when you don't have the T1 piece to build on.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Is the armor once made no-trade?

Because I don't see in that recipe how you choose what classes armor to make. does it just make whatever class you are? (or all/all?)

Basically is owning RoF is required to get T1 visibles? (unlike HoT tradeable Abtruse?)
  5. gcubed Augur

The group Tier 1 armor is class specific and is No Trade. The script that is run evidently checks the class of the user and makes that class armor. The combine container is also No Trade, so you need RoF to make and wear group Tier 1 armor. The Tier 1 armor is level 92 required to wear.

There is some zone wide random rare drops (both visible and non-visible) that is level 90 required and not quite as good as the class specific Tier 1 armor. This armor is tradable, so you do not need RoF to obtain it or wear it.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

HoT is the only expansion that the T1 completed armor itself was tradeable since they really started making tier sets of visible gear.
  7. clark53 Journeyman

I noticed that in my Tier 1 chest piece, Boreal Coat of the Warden, there is no slot 4 type 15 emblem. Is this intended.
  8. Riou EQResource

Yes, type 15s were dumped in RoF gear
  9. clark53 Journeyman

Will this be the case with cultural as well.
  10. Kaiara New Member

Ok, so my question is, if the 15's were dumped, the random drops in the zone are only SLIGHTLY less than the T1 drops. So what is the point of T1 if the random generic drops have almost the same stats? At least the aug 15's made it worthwhile to get t1-4 level armor.
  11. RaceCondition Augur

Having the T1 will make upgrading to T2 cheaper. I don't think the random zone drops (for visible slots) were meant to replace T1, but rather help fill some of your missing pieces, and they're tradeable too!

Furthermore, because the visible drops are armor type specific, if you're in a random group, you're more likely to automatically win a piece, which works out pretty well.
  12. RaceCondition Augur

It's also worth noting that the container isn't consumed when you use it, so it's a one time cost per character (it's no trade).
  13. Kaiara New Member

As an additional note, if I switch myT4 VOA gear for T1 RoF gear I will actually LOSE stats as a result of losing this aug space. You should REALLY reconsider this decision.
  14. RaceCondition Augur

I don't think T1RoF is supposed to directly replace T4VoA, just as T1VoA didn't directly replace T4HoT.

Now I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with the model, just simply stating "Just the facts, ma'am."
  15. Chandrok Augur

Type 15 augs will not be coming back. They created a situation where you could not immediately use a new piece of armor you just got because you needed X number of pieces to offset the stat loss. T1 RoF armor should be an upgrade in core stats when taking the entire set into account. Individual pieces may not be an increase when moving to T1 RoF. This is something that cannot be avoided due to the transition into new the stat distribution. I can guarantee that your stats will never go down when upgrading through RoF and beyond though.