RoF Preorder/CE items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Notinterested, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Notinterested Augur

Any word on stats or anything for these items? I would like the bag from the CE but its not worth the $20 difference by itself, would like to know if the other items make it worth it.
  2. Samatman Augur

I find it fairly amusing that with launch date 3 weeks away, the best they can do to tell us what we'll get for pre-ordering is a list of "stuff" with no details: "some bag", "some house", "some merc". At this point I assume that they know doing nothing gets them a higher return on investment since actually showing us the goods would result in lost returns due to people then complaining about them.
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

These are one-of-a-kind not available anywhere else items. I have retailers telling me that they will be selling these items for $50 in December. But if you order today, for only $39.99 they can be yours. Does that sound like a good deal? <crowd boos>

You're right, we can do better, we are slashing the price, order now and for only $29.99 you will be the proud owner of these unique items. <tepid applause>, <some guy in suit walks on stage>. Ladies and gentlemen our CEO Mr. Thom Terrazas. <applause>

The phones have been ringing off the hook with people wanting these items that aren't available anywhere else, but I know times are tough and even though I'll upset the shareholders, I want you all to have this so I'm dropping the price to only 3 equal payments of $6.67 <crowd gasps>.

My god Thom, at that price I have to wonder if my paycheck is going to clear, but you heard the man, order right now and instead of the $50 that retailers will be charging in December for ONLY 3 payments of $6.67 these incredible items can be yours.
    Candydare likes this.
  4. Hatsee Augur

If you're not happy with these then complain, looks like they did that over with EQ2 and got a pretty decent looking mount added in.
  5. Ronak Augur

That's kinda the problem really. We still have no idea what any of it is.
  6. Hatsee Augur

Piestro did a run down of most of them, seems pretty standard.

Merc skin, house items, familiar/pet familiar, two mounts, two bags, one collection bag, etc. I would have rather traded some of it for something like EQ2 got, such as a 6 hour 100% exp pot... Heh.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

try this link
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...e-order-is-now-available.570/page-3#post-6443

Harbinger's Staff
    (Only Available with Pre-Order) - Clicky, teleports you to a spot near the zone in to the main RoF zone
    Fear Corrupted Phase Spider Metamorph Totem
    (Only Available with Pre-Order) - Metamorph items are similar to both a summoned familiar and a petamorph wand. It uses in whichever manner is appropriate
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

Yeah I was gonna say, they already pretty much described what they all do. Only think I'm waiting on is screenshots. Only one (afaik) we've seen so far is the phase spider.
  9. Ronak Augur

But, what are the specifics of those items? Stats? Effects? So forth. If they are all fluff, the 90 dollar price tag (without discount for release) is....outright insanity?
  10. obelix Lorekeeper

i didn 't pre-ordered anything yet, i just want to see the items before i make a move..they could at least give some pic's .
  11. Tobynn Augur

WTB more details about the pre-order items. Images of placeables, mounts, pets, and merc skins, capacity of new containers, count per claim item, etc.

The previous overly brief synopsis pretty much told us nothing that we hadn't already correctly assumed.
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

Aye, wtb pics.
  13. JERUS Augur

Is the house going to be 1 room and thus limited to a lacking item limit?

Is there a reward for the collection quest, what is it?

Where are the screenshots of the petamorph/familiars and the merc contracts?

What does the Idol of Cazic Thule do?

I'll be preordering, but right now there's no way i'm going to get the collectors edition not knowing what it's actually giving.

And where's the illusion? mounts are cool, but as a bard they are a debuff, and it's a raid rule to poof familiars so I get no use out of those either. That's already 4 items I can't/won't use. Kinda disappointed with this preorder stuff.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any news on how many of each is it 999 or 1 ?
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

CE makes more sense if it were a boxed item with cloth maps, figurines, whatever. That's what a "Collector's Edition" is, not the same items with a different skin that are virtual-only. Whoopdeedo.
    Most games give a book of game artwork and more. EQ gives you the same digital download for 50% more price.
    Reprisal likes this.
  16. Terakathis Journeyman

I would like to know for certain if the "Collectors Only Collection Quest" given as part of the Collectors Digital Version provides the "Collection" button in the /achievement window visible in Beta. Or if the quest being referred with this pre-order is in addition somehow, or someway. The reason being is there IS an aug reward (among other rewards) for completing the 8 billion sub-quests in the Collection achievement.

Does anybody know for sure what the Collectors Only Collection Quest truly gives you?

T.
  17. SpamFactory Augur

I am also curious about this.

On beta you can see the collection rewards for the other collections, but not for the collector's edition exclusive quest. presumably this is because the achievement is invisible until your account is flagged for the quest (like how HF achievements dont show when you dont own heros forge).

I am on the fence with the CE and knowing the reward for the collector's edidtion quest would help me decide.
  18. Tarrin Augur

Undead...hand...mount.

I dunno how that could keep ANYONE on the fence!
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

The phase spider metamorph was my selling point.

I call him Phasers and he's my baby <3
    [IMG]