Rizlona vs Aradune... which will have better pop?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, May 16, 2020.

1. Leifer Augur

Aradune will have the larger pop to start by far. Multi-boxers as well as Krono farmers will find a way to play on Aradune because of the higher population. It won't be hard for them to find a way to play more than 2 boxes at a time. Aradune will be a huge mess and they would need a team of GMs to police that cesspool into being a true 2 box per person server. The population will fall off drastically over every expac.

Rizlona will have a lower population but will be much more steady over time, with far less drama. Probably won't even need GM presence.
    mark, Sithil and Foaming like this.
  2. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

I do not post a lot on the forums, but I will have to agree with everyone saying that Aradune will have a higher population. The fact is nothing was stopping boxers from playing on a different server for TLPS now..... They still choose to go where they were able to make krono. Aradune will be even more toxic than any other TLP, the fact there is going to be ACTIVE gms well make sure of that. A few years ago, when Gms jumped in before all the DPS rules and what not just made everything even more toxic.. There are going to be many false reports, and everything that people that are breaking the rules will not be found for months, and the damage will be done by then.

Has Active GM been defined yet? If not, who is to say to active does not mean they are on an hour a day?
  3. yerm Augur

I expect aradune to have 4 or more times as many characters, nevermind human beings, as rizlona.
  4. Ultrazen Augur

Ara will be strong through PoP and then die like all TLPs, Riz might actually make it to live at some point.

Truebox + time it takes to catch a character up = dead after PoP. EQ has this groundhog day problem where it's too slow to try and catch up in that gap before mercs exist. If you miss the initial leveling curve on a TLP it's very very difficult to get anywhere. Beyond being difficult, it's also boring as sin to even 2 box your way to 60+.
    Leifer likes this.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

The buff they did to skill ups is what they need to do to exp. Like once a server hits Omens increase the exp 1-65 so its like x5 regular then put it back down to regular server exp 65-70. That way people could actually catch up. Same with AAs.
    kfour and Tuco like this.
  6. kfour New Member

I think a good way to let people to catch up post POP would be to as soon LDON or LOY drops create auto grant on your lvl 51 55 and maybe even lvl 60 AAs. Then GOD launch like your 61 62 AA sets. Most of the exp is just AA at a certain point anyway. Its not to hard to hit 70 but 70 with 1000aa becomes annoying. This way when you hit level 65 you are able to join a raiding guild.

This would allow people to reroll a character that a guild may need, also allow people that wants to play the end game to catch up in a smaller amount of time.

I also like the exp bonus at lower levels as the expansions are released. Maybe this base exp happens post GOD but I think the auto grant system should be activated almost as soon as LDON drops or maybe when POP drops, what extent is the only real question to me. All 51, and 55s would make you raid viable with another 100-200AA to collect still at 65.

7. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

I was interested in playing on Rizlona unless the majority of the people I was talking to about it are planning on using some sort of automation software like M Q 2. Aradune looks like at least the GMs are going to make an attempt to stop all that crap.
  8. Yimin Augur

Aradune will have the bigger one , its why I am going to Rizlona..

YiMin
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I think you can bet on that.
  10. Uesce Journeyman

People are so misguided if they think the krono farmers are going to be running rampant on riz when all the known hacker / rmt / racing guilds are going to aradune. Especially since the whales will also be on aradune who are willing to buy krono to trade for items with 5 int on them.

The people going to riz know the efficiency of boxing and group synergy and value their own time in game and in real life. Not to mention the need for only 1 comp...

Baddies and no lifers will be on aradune reporting each other for griefing and hacking and then posting on the forums about their terrible experience lol
    Leifer, Foaming and TheChosenOne like this.
  11. Kanuvan Elder

all the salt and malding is directed at Aradune so you know for sure it will be the biggest and most successful server, you can see how mad the boxers are geting that they are forced to farm krono's with a much less efficient setup which is funny and overall better for the community because they for sure know aradune will be the biggest and they are going to be there no matter what, eq1 was never built to be played by 1 person controlling 8+ characters and people know it

yea rizlona wont have drama because it will be 50 people on that server, people who respect their time and money will be 2box or 1boxing on aradune not spending 60+ every month on a game from the stone ages
    Minpire likes this.
  12. mark Augur

i look forward to playing on rizlona and having fun on a server were if some body tells me why are you boxing? i can truthfully say db made these server for people like me .
  13. Uesce Journeyman

We had a pre launch guild meeting for riz last night and 70+ real people were on it. No one has intentions to box an entire raid and the goal is to be able to easily draw from boxes when populations naturally decline but to always have either 72 or 54 people raiding.

I'm only gonna play one char. My buddy I'm rolling with might box two.
  14. Sillyfish Elder

I'm excited for Aradune and I'm bringing people who haven't played on a TLP server with me to this launch.

I think it has the potential to be awesome. I think Aradune will have the better population.
    Minpire and Pawtato like this.
  15. Pawtato Augur

That’s awesome, I really hope your friends can find the EQ experience you’re trying to share.
    Minpire likes this.
  16. mark Augur

play on ritzlona and have fun
  17. Minpire Augur

I have found people that are new to boxxing normally burn out if its not for them, even if it's on 1 PC.
    Anything over 3 boxes without automation would be hard to handle in hectic situation.

Also, writing off there won't be a place for farmers for Krono, You do realize all those boxxed accounts need gametime unless you are dishing out cash each month for each SUBBED Account.

Rizlona will seem all fun till group of mages or wizards MANABURN the mobs u want down in front of your eyes for your key mobs/Epic Mobs. ( just Box 2-3 chars @ EPIC mob Camps, Do other stuff with other chars, i see this being a big issue kunark )

Rizlona = More Boxes, Less actual community ( Unless a nice % Of LIVE players check it out! )

Aradune = Less Boxes for a good time period most likely, More Community interaction

my take on the whole thing:p

By playing on Aradune & Rizlona you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including all Rizlona associated accounts.

:rolleyes: Well, Lets Hope Automation isn't a issue on either server, Some will test the waters as always.