RIP Depressedfeet

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. That One Guy Augur

At least nothing can possibli go wrong with my plan to infinitely spawn black reavers in city of mist... right bobby???
  3. Machentoo Augur

4. Rhodz Augur

5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

[IMG]
    That One Guy likes this.
  6. Atabishi Augur

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[IMG]
    Superdeath likes this.
  7. Mwapo Augur

Necros definitely needed the nerf. Too overplayed and overpowered as is.
  8. Atabishi Augur

Crypt spectre charming was the only thing that made necro's useful outside of raiding for 3 full expansions, I wouldn't say they needed the nerf. Anyone who plans on staying on the server for the long haul and rolled a necro will already quit them in PoP to begin with once they realize how incredibly weak they are in that expansion.
  9. Machentoo Augur

IF this is really true, well. Best they ripped that bandaid off for you anyway.
  10. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Man. I really wanted to do that quest in classic on phinny.
    Machentoo likes this.
  11. Mwapo Augur

Sorry, forgot my sarcasm tags. Necros are the worst already and now have nothing left to prop them up.

It is definitely true, unfortunately. Necro group utility is horrible and other forms of soloing are laughable at best anymore due to the crazy group exp bonuses. This was but a tiny shimmering oasis in the great desert of disappointment.
    Superdeath likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Agnarr necros reroll now?
  13. nagash101 Augur

Xandollf likes this.
  14. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

So let me get this straight... Charming in HS, one of the only good spots in the game during kunark/velious/Luclin era for necro to solo effectively or add decent dps to a group just got completely borked because people whine about charm being overpowered for enchanters.

Way to go DBG, yet another poorly thought out change unleashed on 17 year old content. Charasis was a little 1-3 group zone that gave necros a place to shine temporarily before falling off hard in power during PoP and beyond. A class that already struggles to find a spot in higher exp camps dominated by enchanter charm pets and melee dps. DoTs are terrible dps in groups, especially with the MASSIVE boost to melee strength over the years and AC changes that allow groups to plow through a half dozen mobs at a time. Necros end up nuking with the undead line if able or with extremely inefficient life taps between tossing out snare and maybe 1 or 2 dots in areas during these levels when there are no charm targets. Those who stack dots that barely run half their course are bad players who waste mana.

So yes, lets continue to marginalize an already struggling class.

Please stop making changes where they are not needed or wanted by the people who make up your customer base.
    Superdeath likes this.
  15. Kahna Augur

Yeaaaah. Crypt spec was seriously op. You can still solo just fine with the none named life tapping specs. They just don't destroy the entire zone. This really just stops people from selling PLs for krono in that zone. Which I had no problem with for what it's worth. Maybe now other people will get to exp there. I will miss the necro squabbling train wars over who get south wing. Some impressive work there.
  16. Superdeath Lorekeeper

just another way they are trying to make necromancers more and more worthless. Good job.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Funny thing, one of those Enc nerf threads was started by a Nec. Meh life is odd.

Yeah see this is why we as players should not want DBG's hands in certain aspects of this game.
    Class power is the last thing anyone that knows beans about EQ over the years wants to be touched.

It has never ended clean nor without a whole lot of pain, not once. Ended up in some people's favor and they may love the change but absolutely destroys some part other people's game.
    Serious question, though I am sure someone at DBG must still play this game to some extent, do you think enough do with everything they have going on?
    I doubt it.
    Now that means a lot of changes will be heavy handed and may remain f-o-r-e-v-e-r.
    Sure we all been on the messy end of that stick a few times.
    Screw nerfs
  18. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

A+ post Mr. Bick
  19. Nollo New Member

That is only because You have a limited view of what useful is~

This is a great change! Tho lets all get a GoFundMe ready because Depressedfeet and A few others wont be able to eat anymore now that the HS PL income is gone. Now if he loses 100 or 200 lbs and drops back to a healthy weight, then this patch is validated. If he dies tho, bad patch.

People on Agnarr might actually get a Howling Stones Key to do something in the zone, now that a certain group of necros wont be training everyone that kills/takes the spectre and or is Exping in south hall~ Some of them losers got territorial of the only zone they knew how to play in. (We know the people, They played Howling Stones Online, Not Everquest)

Or some Agnarr players will Skip HS completely because they cant pay for a afk PL on 10 Dummy accounts to sell on Redguides~ (Which they will tamper with a year later to just mess with the buyer!, evil peoples!)

You take Depressedfeet out of HS and into a raid setting, he basicly AFK while on Redguides.

That <SouthSideHowlingSTones> Guild gonna have to think up a name change!
  20. Atabishi Augur

Nollo, your insane conspiracy theories and extreme paranoia never ceases to amaze me lol.

<South Side Howling Stones> will stay intact, as a reminder of when EQ was still great.