Ring of Lost Seas Nerf- Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Tutankamen Augur

I'm not sure why the Ring Of Lost Seas was nerfed. Doing that accomplished one thing - making the game less fun.

The ring already had scaling to deal with level 1-100 , at level 1 the AOE effect was reduced to something like 23 damage, clearly indicating that the ring should have or could have been made to use from inventory regardless of level.

The nerf was unnecessary. I think it should be rescinded.
  2. Goodn Augur

Long overdue. Clearly someone overlooked the coding (just like the fireshard ring in CotF...which was also fixed eventually). The ring is meant for minimum 100 level toons. Be glad you got to use it as long as you did improperly.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

Like I said, that's incorrect. There was scaling for the AOE. It was something like 23 at level 1 and 1500 at level 100. If it was not meant to be used it would not have had scaling- and it wasn't overdue, I disagree there.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I doubt they set out to create an item for a level 1 character in an expansion designed for level 100 to 105 let alone designing an AoE clicky for all levels.
  5. Phrovo1 Augur

you think that the way that it was scaled meant that it should be usable by level 1s? you do realize that there are many spells that have weird level scaling don't you? best example is Turgur's Swarm, an AA that shamans get at 78 whose scaling starts at level 1. but that obviously means that it's intended for level 1s to get it since that's where its scaling starts right?
  6. fransisco Augur

I love how anything overpowered that got into the game was "meant to be that way", and fixing it is a nerf.
    Prathun, Phrovo1 and Thrillho like this.