revisiting Hstat focus for bard

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ptah, Dec 1, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

As title statement leads.. im revisiting my focus stat for Hstat what? Now to be honest im Hint based for 2 reasons.. 1 mana regen and mana pool with insults being run to the max.. supporting synergy procs and alliance; 2 the spell shielding mod (maybe it looking better than it is) 40 of 45 atm.

Now I know and undertand Hdex or Hsta.. but its just what I did. Now im starting rethink things with change to bards and Mrods.. and overall event raid dps is up.. so the timer is down.. and 19 mins covers most things. End regen is now a little weak.. so I can alternate shouts and bellows 100%.. Ex for FF/OT event.. run dry at 22% or so.. Not a a lot of beast paragon support.. and staunch is not the answer. Hero AA is building up.. 24 of 50 so im revisiting that to up any caps.

What im looking for is suggest nature of this? And my thoughts are an alive bard adps is better than a dead one.. and adps is greater that dps. For others WE WIN.. for self I lose.

thanks ahead of time.
  2. sargonaz New Member

No reason you should be maxing anything besides Hdex

It wins handsdown
  3. svann Augur

I balance Hsta and Hdex.
  4. monkOP Apprentice

If you're not using Hdex, you should turn in your bard card my dude.
    Kolani and Axel2 like this.
  5. Axel2 Journeyman

If I could sacrifice 50k of my hitpoints for more points in hDEX, I would. DPS is king in Everquest and I don't see that changing ever. More procs, more hits that land, etc. hDEX is the way to go.

If there were a secondary stat that I would have to choose, it would be hSTR for slightly larger hits. But, hDEX all the way. I don't tank anything, so hSTA and hAGI can just go out the window.
  6. ptah Augur

I hear you.. and there is no disagreement with Hdex leading into more personal dps.. but that was not only interested here. For all those that min max Hdex.. do run out of mana? With Alliance and multi insults.. atleast for me mana can be an issue.

I was hoping to see more data.. like xo1 bard with Hdex parse at 350k dps.. and his group is roughting 1M.. vs.. Hint bard is at 300k.. and his group is at 1.2M.. just made up numbers but an example.

For all those bards min max Hdex.. again.. you capping your adps to your group? past say 15 min mark on events..

Svann answer will more detail would be nice.. so yeah im requesting more detail.. at times I thought about just doing balance off all the stats..

No question in theory the Hdex should be the answer.. but I would still question.. synergy procs to others overtime got to be more dps.. than personal gains?

Maybe for raid times that have higher dps.. that timer does not expand post 15 mins or 18 mins.. but for me it does.. and im not a gyph user too often maybe I should
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Waldagar Augur

As a raiding Beast I would love to help out bards, but does paragon or focused paragon actually help bards mana regen? How about the horn of unity or beast dicho mana boost?
  8. Pirlo Augur

I think there are only two things in the universe that will help Bard Mana one is the newly edited ability of the magician mod rod and 2 is The Bard aa rally call
  9. Buri Augur

yes and, of course, worn mana regen. None of the other mana methods work on bards, not even our own mana songs. I remember back in the old days, bards would do everything they could to increase worn mana regen.. you'd get 4 or 5 fades at level 60, then it would take 20 minutes of meditating to regen it all.
  10. ptah Augur

Hero AA.. inch by inch.. and Hint both help.. too what degree? I cant say.. mora is better. From my point of view it way more important with fewer bards in team.. If I had 5 or 6 in a raid.. hell I would only need to insult half as much to get alliance off. and keep adps rolling for my team.. but with 2 or 3 bards.. we got insult multi times.. and leads to more mana needs..

301Wmana.. vs say 340Wmana.. not a ton 39 a tick?

would be nice if deves fixed this.. so the ideal setting would be clear to all players.
  11. Israfel Elder

While true that bards can run out of mana, the impact of H-Int is unlikely to make a huge contribution to an encounter.

It's pretty rare for me to run out of mana lately. This is largely due to the mod rod change, which has been a huge help. During the latter half of EoK, I occasionally used the Darkened Fungi to help with mana regen, but stats have increased at such a rapid pace that it is not all that viable anymore.

I agree with most of the posters here that H-Dex is the way to go, but I also balance it with H-Sta like Svann mentioned above. It's difficult to measure the benefit of H-Sta because the results are somewhat unpredictable.

I do agree with Axel2 who says "DPS is king," but one of the other major truths in EverQuest is that you can't do any DPS when you are dead. In the case of bards, death is uniquely punishing because our group is losing ADPS and we have a tough time regaining our mana back (which can be responsible for several of the largest sources of bard DPS, which is what ptah's thesis is all about).

So although I don't see H-INT as viable, I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer in terms of H-Dex and H-Sta (and I'm pretty sure the returns on H-Str and H-Agi are negligible). That being said, I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd be very interested in a parses that show a comparative analysis between H-Sta and H-Dex. With the caveat, of course, that DPS gain from H-Sta is going to be a largely qualitative matter.
  12. Axel2 Journeyman

The only time I die is when the raid wipes. Even if I do die, the raid doesn't lose too much ADPS since I can put my aura on, hit Rallying Solo and start playing my songs in a matter of 10 seconds. The only DPS they'd lose out on is my own. But my DPS doesn't come from my mana as much as it comes from my endurance with Boastful Bellow and Vainglorious Shout. So if there were to be a secondary stat that I would go for, it would be strength as that will give me more endurance.

Like I said, I don't die in RoS raid content, and if you do have trouble dying, learn to avoid those deaths. All deaths in RoS raid content are avoidable unless you somehow pull aggro (even then, pop Deftdance or Shield of Notes and live until a tank decides to pull aggro).
  13. josh Augur

HDex is best for dps (except for berserkers and warriors who have hit 3k dex) and best for survivability in group content for classes that can parry and riposte. for raid content, HAgi and HSta are better for survivability but neither is going to be a huge deal, HDex adds 0 survivability on raids sadly. but, the benefit of HDex to dps is very significant, mostly from increased crit chance.
  14. Brohg Augur

side: warriors don't have ber epic. berserkers don't have ber epic, 2/3 of the time. 3k ain't no cap, soft or otherwise
  15. josh Augur

Right, i was being a bit glib, especially since you guys don't have as many combat fury aa's. the hard cap with no spell bonus crit chance for warriors is a little under 5200.

But still there is somewhat of a softcap, you do have discs that increase your crit chance plus auspice of the hunter, CoP, and chanter haste. The auspice of the hunter cap would be 3600 for warriors. The point being that at a certain point you would probably benefit more from Hstr than you would from Hdex for the purposes of dps.

sorry to derail the thread.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I've always used hDex on my bard, but I'd love to see detail/data on how much:

1. 700hDex increases melee DPS / proc rate.
    2. 700hInt increases bard's mana regen (is it zero?)
    3. 700hSta increases hp (12k hp?).

I just picked 700 because that seems to be about how much of a delta there would be for focusing dex vs int vs sta in the type 5s. The type5s have gotten so out of control lately that they almost eclipse the contribution from the type 7/8s.

I could definitely see changing to hSta because increasing my hp by a respectable 10k might be worth it given how bard's DPS has gotten so associated to spell dmg.
  17. Tucoh Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128591 is an easy 85/tick that I don't see a lot of people talking about.
  18. Pirlo Augur

Excellent.

Also make sure your message self destruct so the devs don't nerf that ;)
  19. Dhurgan Augur

Post some data up, I'm interested in your findings.
  20. Thundastruk Elder

Lol bards dps sucks anyways unless you’re getting full fulminations of borh shout and bellow + alliances on raids. Hdex or not just saying. I switched from hdex to hsta non vis and didn’t see a dps difference on raids not to mention gained a few thousand hp. I then switched back to dex just because that’s what i have always gone with but there’s no actual proof that dex does more dps for us. Bards need a dps boost !!! Js