Revamp Tradeskill UI

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Heimdall, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Heimdall Elder

Set it up so all recipes are searchable again -

But color code the results based on their current flagging:

Recipes you can and have made/learned are green text.

Recipes you can but haven't made/learned are yellow.

Recipes you can't make (minimum skill level or scribing required) would be red.

This way we can still use the user friendly UI without having to switch to the carpal tunnel UI.
  2. Gialana Augur

I agree it would be nice to reduce the number of mouse clicks required.

It might be confusing to color-code the recipes, but people would probably get used to the change. The reason it might be confusing is because the trivial value on recipes are already coded green, light blue, dark blue, yellow, and red based on your current skill.

If memory serves me correctly, ever since the new tradeskill UI was introduced, you could never search for a recipe you didn't already know. There were many recipes that everyone knew by default, and they're still known by default. But there were other recipes that you had to make once or scribe a book to learn. With each expansion, the number of recipes that aren't automatically known continues to grow.

I'm all for an easier way to learn new recipes. But since the rewards are increased skill level beyond 300 and an improved Artisan's Prize augment, I doubt they'll make it any easier.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't understand the carpel tunnel issue. Not like back in the day since now we have "combine all" Click once and it takes off.

Once you open "experiment" and put the mats in then you usually will learn the recipe within a combine or 3.

Tradeskills are boring and take lots of time. I don't think making it so we know all the recipes right off the bat will expedite that at all.

Interesting idea though
  4. Warpeace Augur

Is this for the ethical use of a specific 3rd party software?

The only thing left to ask for is ever recipe to be listed and the required components shown.
    Then players could acquire them and check another combine off the list.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

You clearly haven't tried to max out Research.
  6. Heimdall Elder

Not making it so we know them, making it so that we don't have to Control+click a half dozen times per attempt to get to know them.
  7. Heimdall Elder

Not that I'm aware of, it's so you don't have to click back and forth into Experiment and then have to click a whole bunch more times. Its not like we're actually experimenting, they're all available on EQTraders.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Because not all recipes have been "discovered" yet still (I've seen many undisclosed recipes added to community sites this year), and the dev team still doesn't want to automaitcally give us access to all recipes keeping it community centric.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Heimdall Elder

10. Aanuvane Augur

I just discovered a dozen velious era shields a couple months ago. So, it stands logically, that there are likely still undiscovered recipes. (three of the below were known, I figured out the other 12). I was prompted to even explore because someone else had just discovered/reported a recipe for a Forged velium rapier.

13673Velium Buckler
    13674Velium Round Shield
    13675Velium Targ Shield
    13676Velium Kite Shield
    13677Velium Tower Shield
    13678Small Velium Buckler
    13679Small Velium Round Shield
    13680Small Velium Targ Shield
    13681Small Velium Kite Shield
    13682Small Velium Tower Shield
    13683Large Velium Buckler
    13684Large Velium Round Shield
    13685Large Velium Targ Shield
    13686Large Velium Kite Shield
    13687Large Velium Tower Shield
    Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

And the spells that have been trickling in over at least the last 2 years.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  12. Heimdall Elder

Then my next question is: Why is keeping a 25-year-old-outclassed-by-a-shiny-brass-shield recipe hidden preferable to a more user-friendly trade skill UI/system?

Also, as you point out, three were already known. I assume the rest were easily decipherable based on normal conversion/conventions Buckler - Round - Targ - Kite - Tower - Small - (Medium) - Large? I'd also guess the person who discovered the first three may very well have been able to do this long ago, but decided the mats weren't worth the confirmation for submission?

On the one hand I get it, its nice to the be the first to discover something, or to find something without looking it up on a spoiler site. On the other hand, I'd rather have a UI that didn't suck to use.

Perhaps some sort of compromise. Unique-ish items with unique recipes from xpac to xpac are hidden - i.e Shield of Scale that uses all 8 of those Collectible scales from ROS Skyfire, a Conflagrant sheet, and a Tower/Kite/Whatever Plans. I'm just making this up out of thin air here for an example Give it average-ish stats and a unique look. Basically special and thematic items that don't follow the recipe patterns we're used to, while the basics that are evolutions of itself - Faded Velium/Restless Velium/Bloodied Luclinte/Extra Bloodied Luclinite/etc Container of Making New Things That Now Require An Extra Step When They Used To Just Make The Item from xpac to xpac would be default searchable.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

TLPs, pretty much.
    Aanuvane and Yinla like this.