Returning Shaman

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ravenclaws, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Ravenclaws New Member

Any helpful tips to get back to being efficient please?
    Any toys I should have?
    Any Keybinds or spam keys?
    How many hotbars will I need?

She is currently level 112 aiming for 120 in a couple of weeks.

All advice and tips welcome.
  2. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

Are you raiding or just group play?

I haven't played in a bit, but if you're planning on being a raiding Shaman the aug for earring, Artisan's Prize, the rez stick, and the epic 2.0 were pretty mandatory items for the class. In group play you will need the epic 2.0. It's a MUST. You can get away with rez stick in group play by using a 'poor man's version' if you have the AA Inconspicuous Totem & Rejuvenation of Spirit. (This requires some skill as you have to hit the totem, wait for the mob to reset, then remove the totem buff, and you'll be invisible. Then you can grab corpses and drag to a safe area, rebuff, continue as long as there's no named, or mobs that can see invis this works okay. If you had poor placement and the mob was a named well you're kinda screwed.)

Malo & Slow (First thing you should be casting on any mob)
    /alt act 1041 (Malosinete)
    /pause 12
    /alt act 3729 (Turgur's Swarm)
    /g %T slowed and debuffed.
    (May have to cast this more than once, depending on the mob level, pay attention to your chat to make sure it lands)

Cannibalization (Mana regen)
    /alt activate 47
    /cast X (X being whichever your self heal is)
    /g *whatever message you want to send to group to let them know you used cannibalization*

I started a guide many years ago and posted it on reddit, then I moved it over to a blog and started reformatting it, since I started playing again I'll probably at least finish the macro section. There's a few in the guide already. And a lot of information on Shaman play that isn't centered around raiding.

https://shamanizms.blogspot.com/

I play with 6 hotbars btw.

Hope this helps!
    Rijacki and NatazzEvoli like this.
  3. Shortina Journeyman

Appreciate all advice myself, I tend to duo and two box or group play my shaman on live. An efficient group/box guide would be wonderful; as raid stuff seems to be more prevalent. Some "oh crap" things and dots that are best while still being an efficient enough healer for a shadowknight tank (all of us are poorly geared atm in the 116 to 118 range). Hubby runs a mage and will be adding his Berzerker as a box later. I run the shaman and SK, but plan on being able to play just one of the other when our small guild joins us.
  4. drizerker Lorekeeper

Nice little set up there for sure
  5. Opal Journeyman

they just nerfed twincast ae heals might as well delete your account and pay another game
  6. fransisco Augur

can i have your stuff when you go?
    Rijacki and Quatr like this.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

people still twincasted splash? i thought that was just a nerf to TLP....