RETURNING PLAYERS READ: Audio Triggers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Acen, May 17, 2017.

1. Acen Elder

For you returning players who have been away for a while. This is a post for you as this will greatly help you. A lot of players use this to know when a mob spawns and some people think they are using some kind of outside program to track. Its is very much like having track for classes who do not have it. An Audio trigger will alert you when a certain text is said. Named mobs often say something when they spawn. If you attach a sound to what they say taddah you have a form of tracking because you know when it spawns even if you can’t see it. I use everything from Lord of the rings sounds (really creates a mood) to star wars sounds to Jaws drowning sounds for alerts. If your sow runs oout, invis pops off, spells land or not you can know without having to read it. You can make your own custom sounds and drop them in your default audio triggers folder and they will be available for you to assign in game. It makes EQ a lot more fun to me anyways. I have copied a quick how to from another site to help you:

Audio Triggers is a way that Everquest can give you an Audio head's-up that an event is occuring. For each trigger you want to make you have to type in the exact text that will trigger the playing of the sound and then you assign a specific sound to that text trigger.

As you play the game, the audio triggers check each line of your chat window against the list of Triggers you have made to see if the text appears. If it does the game will play the assigned audio file assigned.

They are easy to make. Select the EQ menu button, Actions, Audio Triggers. Or just hit Shift `

This should open up a window titled, you guessed it, Audio Triggers. Place your cursor in the Pattern box and type in a text phrase that you want the function to monitor. Then in the Sound window, click the down arrow and assign an appropriate sound to your text Pattern. Clicking on the Create button should send your new Audio Trigger to the bottom window. Most of the available buttons in this window are self-explanatory.

The WAV files for your characters triggers are stored in the everquest > Audio Triggers > Default folder. Save your newly made WAV file there. You will have to reload the game to see your new sound.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What about the people that aren't in range of the mob spawning and still say they used an audio trigger? :rolleyes:
  3. Acen Elder

Also if you do this all before the server starts you can just copy your prefs to your new char easily with one click so you wont have to waste your starting time setting it up.
  4. Acen Elder

I am not saying they don’t cheat! I am saying this may be how they know it.
  5. Delphwind Augur

Great advice!

Do you know what volume control the audio triggers are under? I am on Discord voice chat 95% of the time I am in game, so my game sounds are all turned off, I would love to setup some audio triggers, specifically for buffs wearing off, but I really don't want to hear all the other noise in game ....
  6. Acen Elder

I can control the volume on my mac programs. I set mine up super loud so it scares me really bad like when I am drowning or I get rooted or my invis pops off. Its also good if your making a cup of coffee or something for a quick afk to know if your mob spawns.
  7. Garmr Augur

8. Galleyan Augur

This. In-game audio triggers are neat, but when you're ready to step up your game... GINA.
  9. Acen Elder

Yea I was posting this more for the player who does not want to go through add ons. I do not like them because of the malware that can sometimes come from them. If you want to make the game easier though its a way to go.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Gonna second using GINA. I should have a Classic raid trigger package ready by launch for those interested (I know Classic doesn't have much but doesn't hurt).
    MBear likes this.
  11. Malokhan Elder

Learn to use G.I.N.A.

I use it to time AE snare duration on quad kites with my wizard. Mez duration per mob on my chanter. Cool down timers on a few things. Raid target timers for death touch and such. With overlay on screen it helps greatly.
    MBear likes this.
  12. Celestias Journeyman

Who is this Gina everyone keeps talking about -- is she someone's girlfriend? Somehow I don't think she'd appreciate being used.
  13. andross77 Elder

Acen, can you please copy and paste the phrases you use? at least the ones that aren't top secret. That would be super helpful :)
  14. Tristar New Member

I was able to go through WAV files in the game to find other sounds that could be copied to the appropriate folder, that were pretty useful, safe, and seem to be at the appropriate volume for my purposes. For instance, bell001 makes a very distinctive bell chime, like that of a clock tower or cathedral. Could be used to let a player know that Celestial Healing or Center or some other Divine spell needs to be recast.

I've seen where some people have messages that appear when a trigger goes off. Not sure how they did that, but it looks very useful.