Returning player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nivek, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Nivek Journeyman

I started playing my ranger long before Planes of Power and did all my GOD and POP flagging as well as Anguish etc. It has been many years and just returned to game, so I'm almost learning all over again. I'm level 85 and box a level 85 SK that I'm learning to play, my problem is trying to get xp. I have tried the Old Blood Fields and can kind of kill the content, but have died numerous times, In 5 days I have gained 10% xp, is the xp this slow or am I killing in the wrong zones, at this rate I's probably best to quit again as there is not much for a returning player that has no one to group with.
  2. Icaen Elder

Go pick up the level 75, 80, and 85 daily kill tasks from Franklin Teek in POK next to the Guild Lobby. They're quick to do. You will get like 20% XP per day and in 5 of those days you would be 86 and be able to pick up the two level 90 dailies (which you won't be able to solo/molo until ~93ish so get a group for now).

Get out of the Old Bloodfields. It sucks. There are sometimes groups in The Grounds, and you can also solo/molo in zones that are light blue to you. Like Hills of Shade or the worgs in Loping Plains. You can try Field of Scale, Oceangreen Hills, or Old Blackburrow in The Void. Also House of Thule, Lower Floors is easily done and closer in level to you.

Good luck. And if you're having a hard time finding a group, you need to start flinging yourself in front of people and doing jumping jacks. People notice you that way. Don't just spam that you're LFG. Act like you're LFM, that always gets people's attention way more.
    Borek-VS and moogs like this.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

Exp does slow down past 85 if you aren't getting quest rewards.

Assuming you have a "heroic" SK, you should be aware that, which you have amazing AAs, your armour is sub-par. You can buy upgrades via Rustic from the Bazaar, and you NEED to kit out with augments. The HoT Feerrott and House quests will largely fix that problem; but go to evilgamer.net and check for their latest aug sets for SKs.

If you still can't make groups, you can get faster exp via swarming - look for the above mentioned zones, forget Bloodfields, and drop down to Beza/Zeka/FM, etc.