Returning Player, which server to pick?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tevez, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Tevez Augur

Hey there guys,

Am returning to EQ after a decent break and was wondering which TLP server would be good to get started on again. I will be playing casually and am hoping to find groups while leveling. I would prefer a server with the few expansions that will progress slowly through them (so I dont fall too far behind level caps). Am looking to roll a human or iksar monk (not sure if that will affect how easy it will be to get a group or have any impact on which server to pick).

If anyone has any recommendations on which server to go I would be much appreciative.
  2. Kloven Elder

Ragefire or Lockjaw for the slower expansion releases. Phinny is about to get PoP and will have OoW by the summer. Both RF and LJ are on Luclin now I think and won't move to PoP until late spring.

As far as grouping I really can't speak to Lockjaw. On Ragefire we just had some new folks join our guild who were in the 20-30 range, they are leveling quickly with help from guild members. I don't know that they have much luck with true pickup groups on the server, but they coordinate quickly via guild chat when the lower level folks are on.
  3. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

Heya Kloven -

Is your guild on Ragefire recruiting? I've got a buddy I play with - both being incredibly casual players we're looking for a faster xp rate than Phinigel. Downfall of Ragefire though would be no population at lower level & boxers.

What say you?
  4. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

With out a doubt Phini.

I've just recently made a toon and had ample of groups from level 1-20.

I'm a casual player and the experience rate isn't THAT bad. I'd recommend trying it and see how you get on. Give me a shout in game if you need a hand!
  5. Kloven Elder

6. Daemon Sicarius New Member

Phinigel because the grouping game is still alive and there is a lot less bot armies. I just started with my wife and we joined a guild with some really cool and helpful people. 3 months per expansion is plenty of time for us to experience the content without getting bored. Once you get some friends to group with regularly you will reach level cap quickly.
    OR wait until the new progression server opens up in the next few months. I believe they said mid 2017.
  7. Tevez Augur

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. Think i'll give Phinny a go although the slow xp might be a bit of a pain and play that until the new server pops up.

Do you reckon i'll have difficulty finding groups if i go iksar vs human? I know the iksar starting area is quite isolated from all the other races (cant quite recall how easy it would be to get to the main islands from kunark)
  8. Camdalf New Member

What server are you referring to? Been out of it a while. Thanks!
  9. Tevez Augur

Phinigel
  10. Camdalf New Member

Sorry, what is the new server you are referring to?
  11. Tevez Augur

Daemon Sicarius stated "wait until the new progression server opens up in the next few months. I believe they said mid 2017"
  12. Machen New Member

There is a new progression server coming around Summer 2017, they have not yet released details or a rule set.