Returning player missing characters.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bomansetijr, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Bomansetijr New Member

I have a friend wanting to start back up on cazic thule which was our starting server. When she signs in to character select she is missing several characters and the one she wants to play is one of them. I have been looking for a way to contact support but their contact page is pretty useless. Any advice?
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Did she do a fresh install of EQ?

If not she may find the game saved info in a file called eqlsPlayerData-CharactersName.ini in her main Everquest folder.

For example, if the character she's trying to find is Goddess then look for eqlsPlayerData-Goddess.ini and open that file in Notepad.

The contents will display the LastServerName and also the Username for the login screen. I bring this up in case she ever did a character transfer and the character is actually residing on a different server now.

There is also another file that could also give insight, AccountName_characters.ini

It will give a list of characters that have ever logged into that account and the server they logged into.

Of course if she has no backup of the original Everquest folder and did a fresh install then none of these files will contain helpful information.
    Bomansetijr likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

When servers are merged, any character below level 10 will be deleted unless it was logged in recently. I don't know what level that character was or if that server was merged..
    Bomansetijr likes this.
  4. Bomansetijr New Member

Her toon she is looking for is a 70 rogue. Was in the guild relentless and has never undergone a transfer. the character can still be found on magellan. Character is Luvstabin.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If she is not a paying account yet then she will only have access to 2 or 4 character slots.

She will have to go thru account recovery and explain to them which character she is missing. It is thru the account recovery tool. There is no phone number. This is the only way.

Account Recovery Tools
    Metanis and Bomansetijr like this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

^^^^ I always forget about the FTP restrictions on how many characters you can see on the character select page. They're not gone, just not displayed!
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

This is not an EQ generated filename.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

I think I S B must make it then.
  9. Mord12 New Member

This may be a stretch but I have characters from like 18yrs ago... I literally was able to recover my account user and pass so I got pumped that my old characters would be there. I have no clue where to find them though.. I was on some of the old servers when Sony owned it. If it found my account then it should have my toons somewhere right?