Returning player looking for guild.

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Dabrixmgp, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Dabrixmgp Augur

Played since launch but havent played in quite some time. I decided to just reroll so I could relearn the game as my main was only 75 and my gear and AAs were horrible anyways. I havent decided on a server yet but looking for a guild with a large number of active players of all levels. I have tried to come back several times over the last few years but I usually quit after 2-3 weeks because I could never find a single group at all. If I wanted to solo 24/7 I wouldnt play an MMO and would stick to PoE or D3.

When I first started playing EQ and at least up to OOW it was easy to find groups no matter what level you were. At least in a nice, active guild I have a chance at finding people to group with again. Id like to eventually raid some once I get high enough and enough AAs under my belt. Dont have any experience at all with any content past Anguish though. But thats some time off and right now Im just looking for a new home and to get reacclimated with the game again. In fact havent even decided on a class yet but leaning towards Berserker or Monk.
  2. Razzak Elder

Hi There and pre welcome back to eq!

I think that what yur going to find is groupability in ealry levels..then a big void...then an abundance of groups (depending on your guild/server). I cant really explain why but it seemed to me that after level 20 and untill about 85, maybe 90...groups were just scarce. The game has changed quite a bit over the last few years to accomidate that...accelerated aa's at lower aa counts, mercs, fellowship xp sharing etc, and it works but yes there are going to be times when your likely to be soloing for some levels.

The right guild though can make a huge difference, as you still are likely to find yourself soloing, you wont be alone while doing it and help can be found close. Ive also noticed that guild groups seem to dominate more now then they have in the past, and im of the opinion thats a good thing (have had some scarey pick up groups over the years).

Class can play a part in all of this too...some classes are just way over populated, while others are few and far between....some classes offer more use to group while others seem almost destined to be a solo class. Bers and Monk seem to be fairly underpopulated classes, but amke no doubt they are a blast to play.

I run a guild on the Firiona Vie server and encourage you to check us out symphonyofarms.dyndns.org. I will let you know that we do not have an abundance of low level characters there, but we do have some great ppl that enjoy helping returning players get pointed in the right direction and helping when able too. We do raid, but it isnt required.

Best of luck to you on your travels!
  3. Dabrixmgp Augur

I was on FV but it was very very dead when I quit. But I think that was before they let people transfer over. I actually think at one point Test server had a larger population lol.
  4. Eubedyen Lorekeeper

Here is a list of guilds on the servers.Hope this helps out a little bit

SERVERS WITH GUILDS SPECIFICALLY TARGETTING THE NEW/RETURNING PLAYERS

SERVERS WITH PACIFIC TIME BASED GUILDS

SERVERS WITH EUROPEAN PLAYER BASE

SERVERS WITH AUSTRALIAN PLAYER BASE
    • Bertox (Wreckers and a new starting up guild)

SERVERS WITH ASIAN PLAYER BASE
    • Erollisi Marr (Real Faith)
    • I know there's more, but what are they?

SERVERS WITH THE TOP 20 GUILDS SERVERWIDE (Specifically have Beaten the expansion or are in the end zone for VoA)

• Have beaten the expansion - Xegony, Antonious Bayle, Drinal, Povar, Luclin, Bertox, Bristlebane, Erollisi Marr
    • Are in the end zone - Rathe, Firionia Vie, Cazic Thule, Tunare

SERVERS WITH OPEN RAID FORCES/ALLIANCES

PVP SERVER

• Zek

SERVERS WITH ROLEPLAY GUILDS

SERVERS WITH PROGRESSION GUILDS

SPECIAL RULESET SERVERS

• Progression servers (Fippy and Vulak) - these start out at original EQ and then as requirements are met, each server can unlock the next expansion. Currently, they are voting to unlock PoP expansion (which had a level 65 cap).
    • Firiona Vie - This was traditionally called the roleplay server (though this may not be as popular as in the past). Free transfers are allowed to this server, almost all items are tradable (there is very little marked "no trade") and a few other benefits are also associated with the server. However, once you transfer on, you cannot transfer off as you can most other servers.
    • Zek - this is the PVP (player vs player) server.

Crystilla, The Persistent Serving Wench of Valorguard
    Cleric resources: EQClerics.org
    Player resources: EQResource ~ AA Search Site ~ EQInterface ~ Zam ~Fanra's Wiki
    New player resources: Borek's FAQ / Guide ~ Almar's ~ EQMage FAQ