Returning player, looking for advice!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vlaid, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Vlaid New Member

I used to play EQ back long long ago, about the time the frogloks were introduced. Trying out the game again. If anyone has any basic advice such as sites I should look at for catching back up on the game or general advice I would appreciate it :)

Mostly looking for advice to help not make any irrevocably bad decisions (such as picking the wrong stats or race....unsure how much impact those decisions have on EQ nowadays, they used to be very important I think?).
  2. Yther Augur

See post at https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...tickied-up-in-this-forum.209453/#post-3072242 has tons of info and links to other places to check out.

Stats and Race don't have a huge impact, and almost none at higher levels. So go with what you like and what the game picks for stats is fine now, although you can change them to your preferences. By the 50s or 60s you should be maxed stats even with AA extensions until at least 90s.

Most of the newbie threads with similar questions that you are interested in have great advice as well, although some of it may be tempered by opinion somewhat to extremes, but usually the extremes get noticed and countered.

Yther Ore.
  3. Vlaid New Member

Any suggestions for good population servers with a decent community? I'd like to be able to group and maybe see a lot of the old content that I went through before when I played EQ originally.
  4. Borek-VS Augur

It's easier to tell you which are low population servers: Zek, Test, Fippy, Vulak and Trakanon. Antonius Bayle is the euro server, and seems to be lower than most of the rest now. Vox is also inbetween sizes, but is the newest server and has a broader spread of characters across the lower levels.