Returning player looking for a guide to get caught up to live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SwordandShield, Jul 1, 2022.

1. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I have seen a guide several years ago about getting caught up. I am mostly looking for a guide on the most efficient route to level and get armor to try to do the new expansion when it comes out later this year, not so much on how to play.
  2. Mirthe Journeyman

I'd also be really interested in such a guide. My highest level character is level 106 and I feel stuck. I don't want to just do Overseer everyday to max out. What can I do for the remaining levels to get to max?
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

????
    Guess your supposed to buy a krono ? ;)

Do stuff that makes you stronger, like Heroic AA. There is a lot of work to get them but depending on your level it may be reasonably fast. And you will be in zones that will help in other ways, like armor drops, aug and weapon drops etc
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Special_AAs

The dailys that are the kill 5 given by Franklin Teek are nice fast exp up to level 95. Then after that switch to the ones offered by Clayton. Those are harder but better rewards at the end.

I would not worry about armor that much as it drops all over the place and you can wind up spending a lot of time just trying to get the best set. And then next thing you know you have outgrown it. Once your a good solid level over 105 then just go with what is in the baz like snowbound or waxed or conflag.

Even at level 115 I took my lower alts to FM and everyone got exp. So even though a zone may be far below you it can have some good exp still
    Fanra and Stymie like this.
  5. Windance Augur

The common suggestions are:

1 - Join a guild. Most of the servers have some form of a casual guild for returning players.
    2 - Do overseer
    3 - Start with what you can do, then ask in general if others would like to join you.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My suggestion won't be a popular one, but I'll offer it anyway.

The premise is, it's a game and is supposed to be fun. There are two steps:

1 - Do whatever you want in game that is fun (old progression, hunting names, tradeskills, etc) and don't worry about how much XP it produces
    2 - Do Overseer every day

With this plan, you'll make steady gains in XP, and have fun. Hard to do better than that.

Note this applies to the group/guild/raid game, as much as it does to the solo/molo/box game. Whatever you do, do Overseer, too.
    Wulfhere and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

100% this.

Start with Hero's Journey. It's an absolute blast of a quest that spans the first ten years of content EQ has to offer. And has some pretty awesome rewards to boot. It prepares you for some of the insanity to come.

Welcome back to Norrath!
    Yinla likes this.