Returning Player LFHome

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Kelvail, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Kelvail New Member

Returning UK player looking for help!

Hi all I’ve recently returned to EQ I used to play on FV and was in Sentinels of Truth guild! - I’ve started a character in Miragul (heroic server) got to 95 and then realised the guilds raids don’t start until midnight when I’m going to bed lol.

So my questions what is a better server to play on as I love and prefer to group eventually raid?
    Read a lot about AB being a good option for EU players but also FV and find a EU guild?

But then my worries are am I going to have to solo to 100 before being able to find anyone to group with?
    To do this will I need to 2 box?

Are there and better server options or are there any good helpful guilds on AB or FV that would take me in! :D

Thanks for any assistance!
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

AB is the European standard ruleset server. Server is physically located in Europe, so typically Euro players get better ping time. If you don't want to play on a TLP that's probably a good bet. Not sure on guilds but you could probably check out the EQ official discord for recruitment posts.

FV is the highest population non-TLP server. It has unique loot rules (almost all gear is able to be traded).

On regular servers you're typically going to solo with a mercenary for xp until at least around level 60-70. May find some partners here and there, people leveling up alts, etc. But there is very little low level population. At level 85 you can technically group with and gain xp with max level characters; just a matter of finding someone to allow you to do that.

The only current server with a semi-active low level population is Mangler TLP, which is currently in PoP/LoY era, level 65 cap. Even Mangler is over a year old now so it's a rather top heavy server, but there's still some grouping to be found at lower levels.

There will also be a new set of TLP's released in a month or two.

Edit to add link to EverQuest Official Discord. There's channels there for every server and also a guild recruitment section.