Returning Phinigel Player - Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gorgol the Ogre, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Hi Team Phinigel!

Gorgol the Ogre here! I signed up and unfortunately soon had to leave Phinigel / EverQuest right around the Planes of Power expansion era because of RL duties.

My schedule has cleared up and I think I have enough time to get back into EverQuest but a lot of time has passed on this TLP. What would you suggest I do?

I would like to add that I never had the chance to experience a TLP server from Day 1 so there is a temptation (despite the damned investment in my character in Phinigel) to start from scratch again on Mangler.

So should I simply come back to Phinigel and work my way up to the current expansion or should I roll a character on the upcoming Mangler TLP server? Any input here would be very welcome!
  2. Sandrito Elder

I guess it depends how the population nowadays is on Phinny? I stopped playing there around that expansion myself. Personally I'm waiting for the new servers.
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  3. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

Phinny might have mercenaries you can use to help you level, not sure how they work.

If you like playing Classic starting with everyone else at level1 you can goto Mangler with slower experience than Phinny or Selos puts you into Luclin with everyone at level1 but with faster drop rates, experience and faction

It's always good to try to find a guild and connect with others, might help you decide.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Depends on your goals in game. You missed PoP through SoF eras on Phinny which is a pretty gigantic chunk of awesome. One option you didn’t mention would be to roll on Coirnav server, which would be basically picking up right where you left off. Coirnav just entered PoP/LoY era last week, and is a Phinny clone in terms of rule set. Catching up on Phinny really wouldn’t be that huge of a time sink though, with increased xp rates compared to Coirnav/Mangler, autogrant AA’s, and mercenaries.
  5. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

I think I might just do that SC. I played EQ Beta Phase 4 and some of the early game launch but never really had a chance to progress through the expansions.

I dropped into Phinigel right in the middle of PoP and left shortly after. This would give me a great chance to have a Day 1 EQ experience - and this time I hopefully can keep up with the unlocks and ride the journey out. ^_^
  6. Brunlin Augur

Sounds like you want to roll a toon on Mangler when it comes out in a few weeks. Check out "All Out War",they are a casual raiding guild on Mangler. You can find them in the guild recruitment forums