Returning Monk 55 Weapons?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ceanin, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Ceanin New Member

Hi guys, I have returned to EQ after a long time and have been having allot of fun doing the Hero's Journey quests. At 55 now and just working on AA and finishing the quests in Goru Kar Mesa. I thing I have found is that although the armor is awesome from the achievements you don't tend to get to many great weapons.

So I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of any other quests or nameds I could do to try and get a few good weapons. I have been 2 boxing with a druid and a caster and healer mercs.

I know there is a 2hb I can maybe get off the skeleton guy in Karnors Castle, but thought there might others I don't know about? Just looking for a couple of suggestions of ones I can go get myself rather then try to buy in the bazaar as I don't have much plat.

Appreciate any help / suggestions.

Thanks;
    Ceanin
    Hawklight Yandli likes this.
  2. Yther Augur

Might use your bare fists. They're pretty descent. See the thread at https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/monk-weapons.201042/ There's a link of twink weapons that are descent on there, and I think a few quests and Monster Missions. If not, since I didn't double check it, here they are again:

For higher level quests, some examples include:
    Sweeping the Stepes: Gnolls
    Nhemen's Secret

Some MM ones (Items scale to your level):
    Queen Nok Nok's Tomb
    Grobb Under Seige
    Infiltrating the Hive
    Shadowmane Invasion Pal / Shd only
    70.3: The Fall of Illsalin
    War Machines

I've done the Sweeping the Steppes: Gnolls a few times, and isn't terribly hard, but a lot easier if you get a higher level friend to help, so you can get it at the required level. The only MM I've done particularly for the weapon is Nok Nok's Tomb, and was too difficult for me to solo. Appeared it wouldn't be extremely difficult with three players, possibly even boxed. I had also tried it two-boxing, but couldn't quite manage it.

At 55, 2-box, you might be able to handle it. Seems a bit iffy on the waves of 5 mobs though, unless you have some mez disciplines or other crowd control (not pulling) mechanisms, since they pop on top of you in waves. The twink list has some that you can definitely get, as they're from older and lower level content.

Again, though, if you can't find anything, bare fists are good ratio, if you're h2h skill is up. See the linked thread for the details on what it currently is.

EDIT: Forgot to mention lot of weapons from Secrets of Faydwer expansion at 65, that are very good, and you can do the 1.5 at 65 mostly molo. You'll need help on two fights for the 1.5, but generally asking for help in general will get you the help you need (1 80+, should do it fine).

Yther Ore.
  3. Ceanin New Member

Ok great thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. The Gnoll quest sounds fun so I will try that at the very least. Probably try some of the others as well since it doesn't matter to much if you die now anyway so not much to loose!

Thanks;
    Ceanin
  4. Quatr Augur

Based on the ZAM description, I doubt a level 55 box could handle the quest, but there is no harm in trying.

As far as twink weapons go, Wall of Slaughter is currently a hot zone and there is a decent (35/28) MBK/BST two hander that drops there -- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=30653 -- so you may find in the Bazaar for not a lot of pp. It's recommended level 60, but you are close enough to make it viable.
  5. Fluid Augur

Other night I did a /bazaar search on FV for level 1-51. There was not a single item as good what my character was using for less then ~10,000 pt. This was a new character with 24 hours played<well, says 1 day> to get to level 51. Just went back to grinding. Seventh Hammer where I spend most of my playing time is about the same. Just pointing this out to people who say stuff is available for sale. It may be on your server but on some servers the pickings are pretty thin. Mostly, it is equipment that is ~5X what your character can afford to pay at a given level *BUT* can get for themselves while leveling.

I followed Quatr's link to ZAM and I wish those prices were still in effect on the servers I play.
  6. Quatr Augur

Bazaar prices certainly vary from server to server. Also, those of us who have been playing for many years sometimes forget that not everyone has a high level character who can go out and farm plat on demand.

On the flip side, Defiant weapons are decent between roughly 50 and 65 and are usually cheap, at least on the servers that I have checked. Checking the Bazaar at least once or twice a day helps get a better idea of what's available and how much it goes for. Typically, when I am looking for alt gear, it takes me a week or two to find a bargain (75-90% off), but then I am no hurry :)