Returning after years....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Netalia, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Netalia New Member

Off and on over the years I have checked in on my accounts. But haven't dedicated myself to leveling or rejoining the fun that is eq. *sarc* But lately it sounded like a good idea. My biggest gripe is the grind fest of leveling in this game. So I decided to Heroic 85 my warrior. Little did I know that they are basically now pure tanks. Needing a shield in most fights. My guess is the bazerker is now the heavy duel wield class. I sort of wish now I chose Shadow Knight because of the swarming ability and power leveling capability's... but I digress.

I upgraded because my husband wants to play and most of our toons are around 70 with about 260 AA currently. We needed at least one toon to be able to handle some power leveling to at least get us back in the game. I'm a little disappointed in the warrior in that regard. She seems like she's not too hearty and does need some healing, even on 70ish mobs, 15 levels below her. Despite having a good rotation and using disc's, shields, etc.

Years ago we had a 75+ raiding guild we owned and managed. It was the highlight of our EQ career. But since then we've had kids and just don't have the time to dedicate to the game. I am now a stay at home mom and Hub's is working long haul trucking 5 days a week.

So my question is, is it even worth it at this point to get back into the game?

Were working on getting his AA's on his ranger up. We don't really want to raid. As I can't guarantee my time. But it would be nice that's for sure if it could work out while watching the kiddo's. The goal is to have three toons to play together. Warrior, Ranger, and (we haven't decided the third to be beastlord, ench, or another dps). That's how we like to roll. And use merc's for filler spots.

We used to 4 box, a cleric, bard, beastlord, and ranger. Using the ranger as our tank. Yes, you heard me right. LOL That's how we did everything. This time I decided to drop the bard and go full tank. I love the bard but my hands can't handle the (twisting) anymore.

I'm excited to be back. I want to get in there and just rock it. I just feel over whelmed with the wealth of new information, expansions, zones, and everything. Remember the difficulty it was to be a good at playing. I hope we can get our groove back. I need something in my life to focus my extra energy on and this is my release from the real life storm.

1. So any advice on warrior heroic 85 with aprox 4,000 aa's power lvling a small group would be helpful.

2. Is it worth it to even level one character from level 1 at this point in the game? I have a 52 druid who can PL the lower levels. FYI.

3. Is it possible to transfer a 73 enchanter from one account to another?

Thanks in advance.
    ~ Netalia
    Kaidessa - Warrior on Tunare <Forgotten Relics>
  2. Netalia New Member

I'm just glad that I'll never have to fight rival guilds in "Vex Thall" again. rofl

Tho it was some of the most good times in my gaming life ever! EQ is what made me fall in love with MMO's. I just wish they'd come out with the same game again but just upgrade the graphics. This is truly where the hardcore should be.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

If you can afford All Access (a subscription) or a Krono, turn on auto-grant to fill out your AAs. Applies to the ranger account, too. Tanks need augs, which take farming, and you need to be able to use prestige augs (so have All Access) to get the best gear, augs especially.

It doesn't take very long at all to PL a new character - or buy Heroic, if you have more money than time. Same applies to the trade offs for transferring characters; you can do it, but it costs money.
    Netalia likes this.
  4. Netalia New Member

Yes, I have all access currently on my main account. I needed to subscribe to get all the AA's Heroic had to offer. Plus the purchase discounts.

I'm going to work on the Heroic quest (which I think is the one that grants augs) this weekend. I didn't' want to solo go it. :)

Thanks for the advice. :D
  5. Borek-VS Augur

I assume you have done the J5 merc quest in Feerrott, you should be able to do that with just a merc without much trouble. The quests inside the House of Thule Lower are significantly easier than the ones in the Feerrott, and every little aug helps.
    Netalia likes this.
  6. Netalia New Member

I am still working on the J5 merc quest. But that is what leads to the House of Thule quest line right? At least that's what I've read.

I'm still a bit shaky and trying to get my ground bearings on the warrior. Died already once to a pack of lizards. I just need to scout the zone out still and get familiar. I only restarted the game last weekend. And didn't start the Heroic 85 until yesterday. I did a lot of reading yesterday on ability rotations, disciplines and AA's.
  7. An old ELF! Lorekeeper

Welcome back, good luck :)
    Netalia likes this.
  8. Borek-VS Augur

The J5 upgrade is independent of the HoT quests, but you should really do it first as a priority.
    Netalia and Lisandra like this.