Returning after a somewhat long hiatus and all my augs are prestige now?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tylert, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Tylert New Member

I've been playing everquest for a long time since the first kunark up to secret of faidwer.
    I've raid something like 80% of the content earning lot of gears and gathering quite the high number of augmentations that fit into type 8 slots...
    However, All my augmentations are now prestige and I can't use them... I mean, I paid for those (yeah maybe a long time ago, maybe before it went to daybreak), but why couldn't I play with something I earned and paid???
    That seems wrong.
    Any way to change this?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am not sure when exactly a bunch of gear was tagged prestige but I do know that the game going Free to Play was in March 2012.
    After that point there was still gear that was not tagged prestige but anything from raids was definitely prestige.
    And yes there is a way to change the situation, All Access.

Free to Play is basically an extended never-ending free trial it's absolutely not the full game - if you were to try to raid as a F2P you would be a liability not an asset for just 1 example.

If you intend to stay F2P for a while bank all your prestige gear & look at the bazaar for the few non-prestige pieces.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can change it by paying for a subscription. Prestige items are only for All Access
  4. Tylert New Member

Yeah I understand that especially since F2P are capped at 1K AA and that seems so low...
    But... It really feels like a rip-off. My augs ain't late game stuff as the highest level at the time was 80... They are already plugged in my gear and should be usable...

Or maybe that's some choosing beggar rant... it's F2P I should not complain :)
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I do see your perspective, since old raids are hardly relevant today but I think they had no way to change the flag on raid items after a period of time so they went with a blanket all raid items are all access only approach, at least that way it's consistent.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Skuz likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Your perspective does not take into account TLP servers. On some servers, those augs ARE current content. Also, they don't have a way of tagging items one way on one server, and a different way on another (there's just one item DB). So, while those augs are old to you, and not worthy of a prestige tag, they still need the tag for those other TLP servers.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a good point, while currently you cannot play on TLP unless you are all-access there's always scope for change.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually your account is a "Silver" and while it is free you do have an added perks of those 1000 AA and of being able to get into General Chat as opposed to F2P accounts that cannot get into that chat and are limited to 250 AA

WB btw!
    MasterMagnus and Skuz like this.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You also get 2 more character slots on each server.

and WB indeed.
  11. Annastasya Augur

It's my understanding that TLP (time locked progression) servers cannot be accessed by Free to play accounts, so that angle of the argument is irrelevant.

However, if you want to remain a Free To Play player of Everquest, then i'd suggest you first remove all the augments from your gear (that is showing up as prestige or yellow-hued in your inventory window) with the augmentation solvents you can buy from various vendors.

This will sort out which pieces of gear are prestige themselves, and which were only prestige because of the augments in them. Having done that, i would stow away the augments and gear that are marked prestige in your bank, you never know when you might want to become a paying member of the game (or use Kronos in game from trading or buying from other players, or being gifted).

From this point you can concentrate on earning gear and augments that are not prestige. There are plenty of options. Some are decent, but i don't think you will have anything approaching and end-game ready character.

Everquest offers loads and loads of free to play content, but you will be hampered and limited in the scope of how much you can grow your character's power, and it will likely be a lonely gaming experience. i highly recommend a subscription if you enjoy the game and want to get the most out of it from a social stand point. Your mileage may vary. Good hunting.
    MasterMagnus and Niskin like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If an item has slot 8 it will be a prestige item regardless of what augs are in it.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True, but OP says he last played in SoF. He can get newer, better gear almost immediately, just from Bazaar, and it won't be prestige. His current gear may have been BIS when he went on hiatus, but it's not now.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

No, you absolutely did not pay for them. When you played, you paid your monthly subscription. If you paid in march but did not pay for April, come April you had 0 augs and 0 access to the entire game. You were renting the augs, not purchasing them.

What you are doing is visiting the house you used to rent, and now that they let you back in to look around, you are mad you're not allowed to go to bed because you "paid" for the house years ago. It's not your house and it never was. You can either be grateful for the visit or you can sign a lease.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Aenoan Augur

I thought I would also add I hate the fact group gear is prestige too, I mean its 1 group content thats really dumb.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Generally speaking, all T1 armor is non-prestige, all t2 and T3 armor is prestige and all raid armor is prestige. Almost all augs are prestige, although there are a few exceptions.

It's also not dumb. This is not candy crush. The thing people forget is that EverQuest is a subscription based model. No one has the right to complain about anything prestige. They should only be grateful for the amount of content that is free. There is an TON of content before level 65 where AA and augs start to become a requirement. Enjoy the free content or subscribe.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Aenoan Augur

I am, did and always have been subscriber. That is besides the fact. Of all the games that exist with a F2P model that has been sub based its by far the worst.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer