Returning after a long time!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Banodor, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Banodor New Member

Hi all,

So... back after a 12yr break! and loving the experience.
    When I did play EQ all those years ago, I think I completed the newb arm quests and got the basic gear (from what I can remember!) and then the long grind up.

Total newb question - but is it best to quest and grind? and if quest is there a good questing resource?, ZAM guides ive read , but can never seem to find the NPC's on LockJaw.

Or would you recommend to just grin and bear the grind?

Thanks all!
    banodor.
  2. moogs Augur

Welcome back!

At early levels it's usually best to grind with the occasional quest. At higher levels (85+) you will gain xp much faster from completing quests. Don't neglect the daily quests from Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge. The XP reward from those are quite good, and you can get 2 or 3 of them at a time.
    sifonin likes this.
  3. sifonin Augur

Hey Banodor,

Awesome to keep seeing people coming back to this glorious timesink we call everquest :)

Keep your eyes wide open and ask questions, lots of them! There is definitely a learning curve associated with current content everquest, just like there was back in the day when we all fell in love with Norrath and its inhabitants. But keep an eye out for veterans, and my guess is, depending on your server, there are plenty of vets that will go out of their way to help. There is extensive information written about most/all classes, race does not matter whatsoever on live servers anymore, so I would say create some toons and have at it!

P.S.- If your on the Luclin server or intend on stopping by there, my main characters name is Sifonin, and I am always willing to help returnees/new players when I am available. You can also send tells across servers by doing /tell luclin.<insert players name here>... make sure you put the period in between the server and the characters name.