Returning after 11 years away on Bristlebane

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Dhaimon, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Dhaimon New Member

Am coming back after 11 years away and looking for a guild. My main is a 71 SK. When I left he was OOw flagged for anguish and working on finishing his 2.0. Am looking for a guild that would be willing to take me under there wing and bear with me while I level up and gear myself out. Would like to get back into raiding when I level up. If any guilds are interested please let me know. Thanks :)
  2. Tour Augur

Welcome back!

BB has a high overall population as well as a large population of raiders - it's a good server to come back to.

There are 4 large guilds on BB at the moment (links go to guild websites / forum):
    Circle of Legends
    Fu World Order
    Reckless Ascension
    Ring of Valor

Those four are also raiding guilds. In addition there is a multitude of other smaller guilds, some of which raid in some capacity, and some that are more family style non-raiding guilds. All have their own style, culture, way of doing things, and willingness to take you under their wing.

Regardless of where you go, on server or off, your level range is going to make it difficult to get groups and catch up. Not impossible mind you, but going to be harder when most are well above that range. And getting groups and doing content is big, not just for exp, but because it will be the large factor for how you will learn.

You may wish to consider "heroic'ing" your character, or creating a new character as a heroic one. That will start you off with a level 85 char, with spells and gear up to that point, as well as a starter set of gear. They are designed for new and returning players, so you don't have to start from scratch (or near scratch). You'll find more people in that level range of 85 to group with. More so now that they gave everyone a free heroic char very recently. Additionally, at that level you can also tag along with the higher levels for various tasks, groups, missions, etc. And granted, while you may not be providing much at that level, the important thing is you will be learning your class at that time and the various things that have changed since you last played.

As for which guild, I can only comment on Ring of Valor. But it is in your interest to seek out info from other guilds and see which would be the best fit for you to reach your goals of learning your class and eventually raiding.

RoV has a casual member rank, a sort of guild within a guild kind of thing, for our members who are not part of the main raid force. The casual members do also raid, if that is something that interests them; but it is not required. Currently the level 105 casual members are raiding TBM/EoK, while the main raid team does EoK / Anniv. Some of the main raid team also show up to raid TBM with them, either on alts, or on their mains to help out. Additionally non-RoV members can join the casual raids as they are also open raids for the most part.

If you make it known that you are returning to the game, and that you want to learn your class, you'll have a good number of people willing to help you out. Teaching or instructing members, including casual members if they show an interest, is a big part of the job description for our class leaders. Being enthusiastic about learning, trying new things, listening to what the seasoned veteran players do, being receptive to feedback, all go a long way (this would apply to any guild you go to). Outside the game, our forum has a lot of general and class specific information as well that will help you. And of course regardless of where you go, you have the DBG forum here, and other class specific websites (some more or less active than others) that would certainly be your interest to visit.

If you're willing to server transfer then you have even more options. If there are guilds that have more lower or returning players that would definitely be worth considering.
  3. Dhaimon New Member

Ya I am originally from Solusek Ro server. Was a member of Blood of Ro and Darkblood and on BB I was a member of Magna Charta and Circle of Legends and also raided with RoV. This server has amazing guilds. I am just looking forward to leveling back up so I can get back into raiding and having fun. I will definetly be sure to ask for help from people also. Probably won't server transfer because I have so many fond memories on this server. But I will definetly keep my eyes open for a guild as I level up. Thank you for the information.
  4. Dhaimon New Member

Am bumping this because I am still looking for a guild. Am now 85 and working on leveling up more.