Returning after 10 years

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dhaimon1, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dhaimon1 New Member

Am returning after a 10 year break. Haven't played since 2006. My main is a level 75 shadow knight. Last thing I did before I left was Anguish. Was wondering what is new and what are the things I should aim towards as far as leveling and aa's? Gear isn't that great. If you want you can check me out on Magelo. My characters name is Dhaimon on bristlebane. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

I'd go for levels, mainly. If you go All Access, then you get AAs through auto-grant up to level 95, and without All Access it is much harder to level (at higher levels), thanks to AA and gear restrictions.

You can get some gear upgrades from the Bazaar (look for Glowing Othni for a hand in quest, or Elegant Defiant). You will want to search for AC augment lists, which will make a major difference to tanking.

If you don't have it already, your 2.0 epic is a must.

At 75, you can go for groups doing Heroic Adventures - ask in general chat. There are also daily quests, given out by Franklin Teek in Plane of Knowledge; these reward a lot of exp for quest completion.

As for new things, there's a new set of low level zones from TSS expansion (Crescent Reach, etc), and the Gloomingdeep tutorial for new characters has been upgraded, it now gives out excellent gear rewards. Otherwise, most of each new expansion adds five new levels, and a handful of zones for those levels, with little overlap. There's achievements, housing and collections, too. If you check the achievements window (/ach) you will see a Hero's Journey series of quests, and completing groups of them gives you some gear - this can be a quick way of upgrading if you can't find upgrades in other ways.

Oh, and make sure you are in an active family guild.
    Rorkus and Eggolas like this.
  3. Dhaimon1 New Member

Thanks for the advice. When I left I had my 1.5 and was working towards my 2.0 and had the globe from anguish. What about gear wise? I see a lot of people saying to get the COA chest and underfoot chest as well as my 2.0. What is the COA chest and underfoot chest they are speaking of? Sorry has been so long am not up to date on the acronyms lol.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would not jump into the race to 105 until you re learn your char. Lots has changed and roles might be different than what they used to be due to mercs. If you never had a merc then you kinda need to learn those.

COA is the chest piece from anguish, needs lots of faction and some drops which you may have since you have the globe from there. Underfoot is another zone with chest item. Here's the deal on most epics now - you can pretty much solo them with your merc. You have your globe for 2.0 so might not be that hard. Dunno, haven't done your class.

You are going to be totally lost like I was when I returned after that long. I had no idea what anything was and almost quit. I made a free account and went thru the tutorial in gloomingdeep which took me a little longer since I did every quest and looked up stuff on Alla for quests etc.Then I went back on my old guy and started playing, now that I remember the basics.

I noticed I lost my guild while away and needed those ports but did not want to join any of the guilds until I knew where I was going. There is a tutorial for guild hall access from Scalena (sp?) in POK by the cresent reach stone. Do it and it will give you access to Novice of Tunare, a guild with no purpose other than to let people use portal. No officer, no bank.

Armor drops all over the place. If you do dailys from teek outside the guild hall you will get a piece of armor, exp and plat. It is level based. You can do lower levels just to learn zones if you want.

Remember google is your friend and so is the search at the top of these forums. They will help a ton as it will give you some different views and good ideas.