Returning 54 paladin questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Hepburn, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hepburn New Member

Hello, we'll I've been gone for about 8 years and decided to come back with the free to play. My paladin is pretty much naked except for a soul fire and some pieces of valorous armor, I logged in and am completely overwhelmed lol. Where should I got to farm decent gear for him? I did figure out how to hire a mercenary. Thanks for your time.
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

1. Ask for help in General Chat or the Newbie channel. We're all aware that lack of instructions is a big problem, and many are more than willing to help.

2. Go to the Guild Hall and find the billboards. Click them and find a helpful guild.

3. Post here and in your archetype forum with other questions.

Other than that, the game is awesome, and vastly improved from the old days. Welcome back!
  3. Xerzist Augur

Hepburn, to re-gear go to the Bazaar and search for "Defiant" gear and find the one appropriate for your level.

Due to how common it is -- and the fact it has fantastic stats -- it is extremely cheap. My recommendation, first find a guild, most of them have tons of defiant armor laying around.

After that, rep a heal merc and go to town leveling. You wont find "too" many players at your level, but stick to the hot zones, and group up when you can.
  4. Blademaster Elder

Exciting times, gearing up from naked will be your first challenge.

Gear:
    Weapon/Visible Armor,
    Defiant armor is the way to go which is a random drop from any mob, it would take some time randomly killing mobs to get the defiant and only visible armor slots, shields and weapons will drop, check the bazaar for cheap deals(/bazaar from anywhere in game now).

Hotzone Quest Reward,
    Franklin Teek in Plane of Knowledge will give you hotzone quests titled "A Simple Task", the 55 Hotzone task every day you log in and do those to start, they will give you three of your non-vis items(intricate defiant for the 55 quest).

Vendor Bought,
    Other non-vis items can be bought from vendor however the price on these is extremely inflated and will set you back some serious cash, I forget the name of them but they are in the lower neutral area of POK.

How to Kill:
    While you Gear Up,
    Use a tank merc and play as its healer.

Once Geared,
    Try and find a group otherwise self heal/tank and use a wiz merc.

Where to Kill:
    Hotzone Quests,
    Get all the "A Simple Task" quests for your relevant level from Franklin Teek, knock those out.
    Stick to hotzones for finding groups or moloing, the zones that Franklin Teek gives you quests for are the hotzones.
  5. zamblas1 New Member

What I would suggest besides what the others have told you, is when you get the hot zone tasks grab the lev 50 and the lev 55 one they are pretty easy to knock out once you learn where the mobs are that you need to kill. You could gave some of the others like lev 45, 40 etc hot zone quests when you get the other two but I personally wouldn't too much time to find the mobs in some of the zones besides the travel time to the zone to make it worth it to me, just my option. When you get hot zone task quests just grab all the ones you can get and want to do at once and don't like get lev 55 than do it and think to come back and grab lev 50 because there will be a timer to when you get more, which is why I say get all the ones you want at the same time.

The other thing I would suggest to you to hunt I would hit Veskars in Lake of Ill Omen, reason is once you get past the goblins in the entrance part of the zone you have pretty much nothing but undead mobs to deal with which should be easy for you as a paladin ). How you want to do it meaning with what merc is up to you although a tank merc until you get better geared is probably better and play healer like it was mentioned in another post.

Theses are just my suggestions for you to help get started back up again, besides what the other posters have said.