returned for nostalgia

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by jackwulf2, Aug 9, 2013.

1. jackwulf2 New Member

returned after many years, installed eq and eq 2 fresh form the online links since it wouldn't let me use disks and update. what happened to the graphics in eq and eq2? is there anyway to improve them , its like the Pentium 2 days all over again. eq is block choppy and old, and eq2 is on lowest settings possible. i understand they went free to play, but the graphics should be handled on my side, not server side. so how do i get the better graphics back?
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Go into your graphic settings and look things over - I suspect the issue is at the client end.
    EQ still uses fairly old graphics - but it runs very smoothly on my 3.2G single core P4 machine.
    -Rat
  3. Gwen New Member

Check to make sure it's also running the newer character models instead of the original ones.
  4. Buktum Lorekeeper

There's a ton of graphical settings in the options on EQ1. Stuff is going to look ugly no matter what due to the age of the game. If you came back for nostalgia though, you shouldn't be too concerned about graphics ;).
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Probably need a bit more info than what you gave for anyone to be of any help. Or maybe you're expectations were just way too high for a 14 year old game? EQ zones in the newer expansions look great to me. If you are playing in old world zones it's going to look like... well... it's going to look like it was released in 1999... because it was.
    Borek-VS likes this.