"Return Home" not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Niri, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Niri New Member

In the past few days, I've used "Return Home" button from the char select -- only my character stayed where she was (Hate). Luckily Throne and Origin were up, but some might not have that option.
    This happened with other characters as well, no matter which zone they were in.
    Veltio and Silvena like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Return home has a timer on it - in other words you have to be logged out for a period of time before it is available. No one has an exact time, even the DBG does not specify how long. Estimates are between 15-30 minutes.

This along with your Vet AA buttons not working that you mention in another post could easily be cause by your computer clock being out of sync.

Just go into your time/language and check on that.
  3. Silvena *poke*

I have had Return Home not work after being logged out for 8hrs+ It's wonky. I had just accepted that it would fib by telling me it's do what it should, but prepare to just load in where I camped out.

Every now and then, it works. Also happening to different characters.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gnome by any chance?
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

It doesnt sound like the timer because if it was the timer then he couldnt have clicked the button at all and it wouldnt have logged him into hate. And the button would be greyed out.

Could be lag maybe. Was it on test yesterday? Severe lag and zoning especially was weirded out.
  6. Kenuven Lorekeeper

Origin has a 15 min reuse timer. If you've been logged out long enough to be able to click "Return Home", you've been logged out long enough for Origin to be usable.
  7. Niri New Member

Nothing to do with reuse timer. It was the next day. If the button is up, and I can click it, then it ought to drop me into my home town. Otherwise that button is pointless.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Class & race?
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Return Home is behaving at times like instances do when denying a player entry and the game drops the player in an LDoN camp

Sometimes it says returning you to your home and you log in standing where you were.

It's not a use timer lockout as it wasn't used <ever> prior.

The game, Everquest, is not processing or accessing the player's origin and is basically fizzling the spell for you.

This happens pretty regularly.

When clock synching is an issue it affects timers graphically, but the abilities still fire off when called on. It is NOT that.
    Silvena likes this.