"Retreiving mail"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Joules_Bianchi, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Never resolves.

I have several characters with ingame mail, but when I click on the entry in my mail folder, the lower pane displavs thread title and does not show the mail.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Pull the bar/line in the window? Its all scrunched up
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Not this- Bottom frame enlarged, no scroll on the side (and my bad, it's "REQUESTING message")

No emails display, all character's mail seems missing. Headers are all there, unread and read. All output to bottom frame = "Requesting message" and no resolution.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you also unable to join chat channels? Mail may be part of UCS so if you cannot connect to that you may not be able to retrieve mail.
    Joules_Bianchi and CatsPaws like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Read - Unread? I don't have those headers? My new mail is a yellowish color until I read it then it turns white.

Are you using a custom ui?

I have 2 tabs up top - inbox and deleted items

then under that I have tabs that read

Compose -Delete -Reply - Reply All - Forward - Export - Report - Spam and Not Spam

Be nice if you could screen shot it

Did you export it?
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

After reading your post, I did /join general and.... nothing.

I tabbed over to enchanter, opened mail and.. Nothing. ALL blank save playername field. Character was IN general, chat was scrolling, but /list returned nothing and /announce, set to on, was not scrolling. /list 1 functioned.

I camped all characters out and back in and... everything works.

What an odd breakdown lol. chats were working fine earlier this morning.

Good catch Soul.

Edited to correct typonese.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Read / Unread are not headers, they're colors of text in the received field. read emails turn white.

It was as Soulbanshee has suspected, my Universal Chat Service was bugged. ;-)

and fwiw I use stock UI anymore to avoid update glitches, but I arrange it's layout to fit 10 hotbars and 5-7 chat windows to filter chats by category.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Glad you got it figured out!:D
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

@ Dev - if you're reading this thread, disregard. <Solved>
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Thank you both for inputs )
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

What threw me off was that it was one character, while other character could read mail as normal. Apparently UCS crashed individually / partially.