Restarting launch pad each time you log a new acct in

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Back in the day you could open the launch pad once and select toon after toon without having to open and close it. Then, for me at least, I had to close it each time and reopen it to load another account. For a while though it seems sporadic. Sometimes I have to reopen the launcher to start another account sometimes I don't.

Anyone else experience this?

I seem to recall when this first changed that SOE said it was due to a change in windows.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Zish Elder

Nope, you're wrong, shut up. etc.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh if only people did what you wanted. Now you are following me to other threads? Sort of sounds like what you accused me of :) But it is a public forum so feel free I guess.
  4. Zish Elder

Yup, sort of sounds exactly like what you did, huh? :)
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually no. I read a thread you were being rude I gave you a taste of your own medicine and you couldn't deal with it. Now you are following me around in other threads.

I never sought you out nor followed you anywhere. *shrugs*.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Zish Elder

So, what'd you contribute to that thread that didn't involve me?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

ic public forum so feel free to post I guess.
  8. Zish Elder

So, then, nothing?

I got that right? You contributed nothing about the issue of that thread? You only went there to antagonize me?
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No I was no there to antagonize you. Neither was the guy who suggested you give the devs some time to investigate the issue and you told to piss off.
  10. Zish Elder

Actually he was, as we had butted heads in a previous thread.

What, did you think I was rude to him for no reason?

Maybe get all the facts next time before you jump to conclusions. :)
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Children, don't make me come back there. :eek:
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So anyone else notice this happening with the launcher? Much easier just opening the launcher once then having to reopen it for each account but I can't figure out what lets that work sometimes and not others.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok for me, starting from the first time I tried to create a boxing account I was not able to use one EQ icon that launches the log in /patcher/select your account screen. I had to have a second icon to launch the second account. Also happened on my third box. So I have 3 EQ icons on desktop (well and that other one for when I need to bypass the launcher). However now I can use either of the last 2 I put there to launch as many as I want (usually about 4-5) but the first one I ever made will still only allow one account. I put it down to "ghost in the machine" or something from the original EQ Verant files that is stuck? Who knows, I am more concerned right now that we can't do any Anniversary Instances or HA's or even get ported to our neighborhoods lol.

Oh and its been this way on 4 computers thru reinstalls and everything.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm I will try that and see if it works for me. Might be something to do with windows itsel fna dhow it handles things.

And I agree the instance situation is not good for anniversary events. I hope they will extend them if it doesn't get fixed quickly.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As soon as they forced the current Launchpad on everyone I had to relaunch the Launchpad. Regardless of if I made additional links or short cuts. A month or two after the change they made some comment about having fixed this issue, and for awhile it worked but eventually it started reacting the same. I don't regularly log multiple characters in these days however, so I cannot say how regular the need to restart it is these days. It might also be something about the first instance versus second, third, and subsequent instances.
  16. svann Augur

My launcher closes automatically at about the time as the game reaches server select. You're right, it used to allow you to change account then login again but not anymore.
  17. SevrinSevendust Elder

Problem I have, is more specific to getting to the character select screen. When I camp my characters only one will go to character select screen, the rest camp completely out of game. On random occasions this changes, I have no idea why. I would prefer to log to character select screen every time, that way I can switch character group without relaunching completely. I'm probably missing something command wise or setup wise, open for enlightenment?
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you actually choosing "camp" or doing /q - /exit -?
  19. SevrinSevendust Elder

I've tried all of them, including regular camp command, cntrl + x, each the same result, all go to game close, except my main character.