Response on Selos xp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thorn, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Thorn New Member

Can we get an official response as to if AA xp is going to stay this way for the foreseeable future or not?

Why is it taking so long to confirm that AA xp is not acceptable at it's current rate based on expansion release time?

Players want to know if they should jump ship now instead of investing more time etc
  2. andross77 Elder

Dude, this has already been asked in a thread, the Dev's already responded they were looking at it, they already took the server down for a patch which did speed up the AA's to the tune of 200-250% and people have still written posts (like yours) crying that it isn't enough and should have been boosted 500-700%.

TLDR: official response has already happened. If you aren't happy with it, there is nothing else to be done. Keep playing, change servers or take a break from EQ.
    Barton and took2summit11 like this.
  3. Thorn New Member

Their official response was...we are looking into it.

That's not a: we know it's a problem and here's our intended solution and stance.

1-2 aa an hour in a highly optimal group is not acceptable.

TLDR: if you get frustrated with so many people posting about this problem, you should probably take a break from the forum.
  4. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Supposedly there are supposed to be more xp changes in the mid month patch.
  5. DeseanJackson Augur

There will be a natural increase with PoP being released.

There official response has been 1) an increase in AA speed to temporarily alleviate “some” concerns, 2) they are looking into long-term AA rates for the server and have not announced any changes yet, and 3) to continue providing productive feedback.

I predict some additional changes in the future, but what and when, we’ll see.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Thank you Holly and your Team / Devs for the 50% boost. Its a big step in the right direction and we appreciate your efforts to work towards a solution.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  8. LittleBrumski Augur

It's a step in the right direction. Kudos on that. I will reserve judgement on AAXP for now until after PoP is out. I hope that they don't use raid geared toons/PoF/AoE groups as the metric to decide what is an acceptable rate of AAXP. (saying this as a person who will probably be raid geared and in PoF)
  9. SirLord Journeyman

THIS IS AMAZING. The XP Rate seems perfect now. THANKS!
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lord, hear our prayer.
  11. TheChosenOne Augur

Thank you for listening to your customers and actively making changes to address their concerns. That stuff really means a lot to people and will buy you a lot of good faith from your paying customers

Thank you for listening and for caring!
  12. Guzzle Augur

Let's get the same permanent bonus on Mangler!
    Barton likes this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

In a few months you'll be able to reroll on Phinny 4.0 the next TLP. Just enjoy the roses.
  14. Guzzle Augur

I mean the exp is almost double original Phinny, so it's not really Phinny 3.0.

Mangler also has no focus effects, making it the first TLP of its kind.

Thanks for trying though :)
  15. ShivanAngel Augur

You have 3 months to hit 50, then 6 to hit 60 before as kick in.Whats the hurry??

You guys wanted your slow unlock start in classic server,
  16. Nykara2 Elder

Wanting slower unlocks doesn't mean that higher xp on mangler still wouldn't be useful to those players who have a limited play time -- the casuals who were promised a server that really wasn't delivered. Keeping up with Selos the supposed casual server, with its 1 month unlocks is impossible. That leaves mangler the other option for us. While better with its slower unlocks but slightly faster then normal xp its still not truely there yet for casuals. The bonus xp boost we did have for a time was a great rate but now its too slow.
  17. Undustas Lorekeeper

Yup, I'm sure we all knew beforehand that we would be getting a whopping 1% AA a kill. That's clearly what Selos was advertised as. The issue wasn't so much leveling exp it was the pitiful AA exp. We were promised speeds close to live at launch, and we got no where near that in terms of AA. Infact with the 50% bonus we should of been FASTER than live, especially with an exp lot running.

I'm a 60 wiz on selos and I live in the deep for AE groups and pulling 60 mobs at a time after bonus ended wasn't even getting me 1 AA....how is that fast?

The issue is their coding for Selos was not prepared for what they offered the server would provide.