Respawn Window - Cannot Click "Respawn" Button

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by minimind, Sep 24, 2022.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

From time to time, after getting a rez, we aren't able to click the respawn button and have to take some amount of drastic action to get back to the game ASAP.

Tonight, it happened again, but I actually paid attention and I think I have an idea of what is happening.
    1. Even though clicking on the respawn options or button does nothing, hovering over the respawn location options does change the color of the options, so the window recognizes the cursor.
    2. Moving the mouse a bit beyond the respawn window border, I was able to get resizing arrows to pop up, but could click and "grab" the edges of this invisible shape.
    3. One time, I was able to grab a side of the respawn window, stretch it wide, and I was able to click the button when otherwise unable to do so.
    Theory: Sometimes, there's and invisible object sitting on top of the respawn window that prevents clicking on the respawn options and button.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

How about making the task overlay window smaller?
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Make sure you have the "click thru" option turned on for the quest overlay.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

I checked last night. It's neither in the middle of the screen (where the respawn window shows up) and is already set to click through.
  5. Gialana Augur

When this happened, were you clicking the mouse when you fell unconscious and then died? If so, it may be related to the mouse click bug where your mouse click gets locked to a different button.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

That I can't say. But I was able to click on other windows that remain usable while in hovermode.
  7. Knifen Augur

If your playing in full screen alt/tab out to desktop (it will flicker a moment) than tab back into game. It normally fixes that issues for me like its a resolution bug. When I tab back in I can click button.