"ResetDevice() failed!" error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Neimo, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Neimo New Member

Hi all,

So I just installed Everquest yesterday and the first time I logged into the game and selected my server, I received a pop-up error from Everquest that said "ResetDevice() failed!". After I clicked the "Ok" button, it kicked me out of the game and closed it. I tried to login a few times after that and it didn't provide me the pop-up error anymore but would keep going to a black screen after server select and nothing happens after that.

I contacted tech support and did the recommendations they provided but nothing is working.

I even reinstalled the game and the first time I logged in again I got the same pop-up error as above and kept getting black screen after server select.

I notified tech support and they recommended posting my issue on Bug Report forum.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
    muddons likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

answered in player support

not a bug - can be deleted
    Neimo likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Another note is from previous posts you might be able to add this into the eqclient.ini
    GraphicsDLL9=EQGraphicsDX9.DL

However I have not seen any one respond that it will take the place of the other Direct X correctly and fix it
  4. Neimo New Member

Thank you for your quick response, I appreciate it. I am not that great with computers generally. Can you tell me where I would install the Direct X file that you mentioned? Does it need to be installed in the Everquest file somewhere or anywhere?

Thanks.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I posted the link for the Direct X 9c and when you click on it then it will download and go where it needs to. You might not even notice it

So download it. Make sure no EQ is open and even do a computer restart just to check then try and log in again and let us know what is happening

The link is now in the player support forum and lets move our posts to that one only to help keep it clearer;)
    Neimo likes this.
  6. Neimo New Member

Will do I'll continue on player support forum :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Neimo New Member

Just wanted to let anyone know who’s having this same issue and sees this post, see my post under title “Black Screen after Server Select Screen” for the solution that worked for me!