Research Tradeskill for spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Drakang Augur

Yes my mind goes off down devious paths sometimes.

But if they are going to make a recipe to make every spell. Why do they bother putting the spells on Vendors. Why not just make them all research only. IE you want your new spells with the next expansion go farm stuff and make friends with a researcher.

Yes you can all tell me to hush and stop giving them ideas :)
  2. Angahran Augur

I'd love to see recipes for rank 3 spells/disciplines/etc.

Take the rank 2 recipe and add 1 of the appropriate raid currency and make them nodrop.
  3. Drakang Augur

Rant of the day on research.

960 years game time. 20 years real time. And NOBODY, NOBODY not even Al'Kabor has figured out how to make Parchment, Vellum, Paper, Tablets etc. We have to go find old dirty, grubby, sooty, grimy ones that got made by "Somebody" in the past and clean them up? Seriously? After all this time we really should have figure out how to make them ourselves vice cleaning up old ones.

How about some recipes to make them from something other than cleaning old ones.
    adetia likes this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because you cannot research spells until at least 2 expansions after the expansion which they originated in. So there needs to be some way to get them sooner. Also, in post TSS expansions you are getting the rank 2 spell/tome from research not the rank 1 version; and typically the rank 1 version is what is sold on vendors.
  5. Drakang Augur

Easy enough to make the components drop to make an expansions spells instead of selling the spells.