Request: UI Decimal Percents On/Off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakah, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Drakah UI Designer

Back on June 19. 2019, Daybreak changed the way number data for percents are displayed. We went from 100% to 100.00% because apparently someone needed to know the exact .00 numbers. That is fine, BUT causes a new issue for customization. For example, I have a square gauge with 100 in the middle but the 100.00 surpasses the graphic and looks wacky.
    [IMG]

I recently had a question on my forums about if there was a way to disable to decimal percents for gauges. Sadly, there is no option to do this, as far as I am aware.

A) Can you add in a True/False option for showing the decimal place for a "Label Type"?
    For example:
    Code:
    <Decimal>false</Decimal>

OR
    B) Give us the option in the Options Window, to toggle "Decimal Percents" with a checkbox. Only thing with that is that would be a global thing, which is fine but would limit customization if you wanted to show decimals at certain places.

The other way would be to make a new EQType for every percent, bleh.
    There are about 120+ text labels for percents that this affects.
    CellRx and Angahran like this.
  2. Xorsazis Augur

+1. It would be nice to make some items cleaner or be able to define how far the decimal is displayed (ie: 1 place, 2 places, 3 places, etc). Never really saw any reason beyond the tenths place, but /shrug.
    Drakah likes this.
  3. Tevik Augur

They don't even need to be there, just remove them. If I remember right, players asked for decimals on NPC health because balance mechanics on raids were designed to be too tight to manage without seeing the decimals, but got this instead.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I like the decimals for XP/AAXP totals, otherwise it can be hard to compare which areas might give better XP/kill, since at higher levels, most everything is less than 1%, and wouldn't show any change without the decimals.
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

C) Fix your custom UI to accommodate the decimal points.
    Duder likes this.