Request - Please make a guard here command for mercs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Danille Augur

As in the title. Please make a command that tells a merc to stay put.
  2. Sebbina Augur

They aren't pets, the only way I know of to get them to stay is for the puller to be designated as Puller then mercs will wait, of course if you zone they then wait at zone point.
  3. antistes New Member

This would be nice.

I could get used to Doofus not running out to buff me or some nonsense during a pull and getting himself killed.
    Kucaniz, Fenudir and Lisandra like this.
  4. Edrick Augur

You can set yourself as puller, and Doofus won't leave the rest of the group to buff/heal you if you're out of range.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Aanuvane like this.
  5. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

With a group of actual people the tank or a dps isn't going to leave the group to take the fight to where the puller is. I box monk cleric shaman warrior. I pull with the monk then tag with the warrior and the mercs run out and fight on top of my Fd'd monk unless I change the warrior to puller and get lucky.

It doesn't seem like asking to much for a don't leave here unless ordered, a stay with the main group button, and a come to me button.
  6. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Not really sure what the issue is here. I set myself to puller, and the mercs in the group NEVER come out to where I am.

In the example above, the MONK should be set to puller, not the warrior.

Tat
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Aanuvane like this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What the merc AI needs is 2 settings; one for indoor zones and one for outdoor zones.
  8. silku Augur

The issue here is thatt either the scenario listed has melee mercs on burn or they are using a merc tank. So when the monk FD's with two mobs on him, and the warrior tags; the melee mercs run out and engage before they get back to the warrior. My suggestion? Get some wizard mercs and but them on balanced. Then pull with something that doesn't do much damage. Wizard mercs won't nuke on balanced until the mob starts taking damage.

and make sure you're tank is set to 'tank'. So that mercs know who to stand by and wait for mobs to get to. Having him as tank and assist could help tremendously in controlling mercs.
  9. Brogett Augur

I had a healer merc heal me from another floor in Arx recently a split second before I escaped off the agro. It then managed to train the group and another one on the way! oops.
  10. Tour Augur

If we give mercs the "guard here" command, let's also give it to FV, where "here" is someplace nice and safe like the zone in, far far away from all the things that want to kill her.
    Zentara likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

/merc guard here would be cool.
    Also, /merc stop standing next to the rooted mob would be REALLY useful :p

/merc follow playerX would be handy while we are thinking of merc commands.

/merc rez playerX (so you don't sit around for 20 mins while the merc single target buffs everyone else in the group before getting around to rezzing the 1 dead person).
  12. Cicelee Augur

I would think an EQ developer would rather you suspend your mercenary, and invite an actual player. That would resolve all of these issues :p
  13. Mintalie Augur

Love this request. Would be incredibly helpful particularly for us mages using a pet tank because those idiot mercs just LOVE standing close to the mob and Fluffy often just can't pull the aggro off. Derpa.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Magicians have Call Hither, and Call of Hero...
  15. antistes New Member

"You can set yourself as puller, and Doofus won't leave the rest of the group to buff/heal you if you're out of range.
    Edrick, Yesterday at 1:38 AM"

This is simply wrong.

Even when set as puller the healer merc will occasionally run out to heal and/or buff during a pull.

It will then stand there getting beat on trying to heal itself until it comes to its inevitable untimely demise.

It is not super common but it does happen often enough to need to be fixed.

And seriously....Does anybody NOT know about merc settings and group role settings these days?
  16. Sancus Augur

Ever cothed a merc and had it run right back into melee range? Especially prevalent in indoor zones.
    Mintalie likes this.
  17. Danille Augur

When you set yourself to puller, the merc will still run out from where it was when you set yourself to puller, in order to heal the pet or to cast a buff on the player or pet when they drop.
    Many times, the merc stupidly moves directly into melee range and proceeds get pounded by the mob.

A "guard here" command would prevent this from occuring.
    Mintalie and Sancus like this.
  18. Nalisa Lorekeeper

When you set yourself to puller, the merc often won't heal you either when you're back at the group with a mob beating you up. I support this guard commando.
    Mintalie likes this.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

I use mercs a lot and I rarely have this problem. When I do have the problem it's usually my own fault because I've neglected to set the puller/assist/MT correctly. I'm also careful to make sure that the group stays close together to keep the assist radius small (at least I recollect that being a way to control it). I will admit that on rare occasions I'll get buggy merc behavior without it being my mistake, but it's pretty rare (oh and I'm not in TDS zones that are struggling with the Z axis aggro/proximity issues)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Mercs will NEVER run out and heal someone marked as puller unless A) the puller is already in the group area, B) the puller tag was removed, or C) the healer had auto assist turned off and the Call Assist button was pushed.
    silku likes this.