Request: Free Trade for Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetea, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Xazier Augur

Free Trade for Yelinak would be amazing. So sick and tired of the constant rinse repeat mangle type servers with. However Truebox would be my vote. But if it had Free Trade, I'd still be ok with non-truebox.
  2. Brazy Augur

Yup, free trade without Random Loot would be a massive success! The queue would be similar to Aradune launch I'm sure.

Free-trade just makes the game feel so much more full. People constantly rolling new alts because its easy to spend a krono and twink out a toon that can level to max pretty smoothly without having to pay for PL. It's basically never too late to catch up easily.

Really hope they change their mind and make this server Free-Trade.
    HekkHekkHekk, Crabman, Sollix and 3 others like this.
  3. Xazier Augur

I hope so too.
  4. RandallTheBard Journeyman

How does a level 1 in full Planar gear make the game feel full? Its the exact opposite. It leaves a hollow feeling. Why even level your toon past level 1?
  5. HekkHekkHekk Augur

The Hekk approves
    Muscle likes this.
  6. ToVNeedsPicks New Member

Free trade should be the norm. Please re think this Darkpaw.
    Muscle and Hekkthebank like this.
  7. Hirbow Augur

You are very tired of the rinse and repeat Truebox servers, but it seems you're very tired of the Random loot Free trade servers.
    I don't think Free trade is what you're really looking for, else you would be happy with Mischief
  8. Trevor Elder

I can't speak for them, but a big reason people have interest in tlp is for the expansion reset

a lot of people who stopped playing mischief would start playing it again if it were simply reset, and others really hate the random loot
  9. Hirbow Augur

I agree though Trevor. I think we should've gotten two servers that mimic our special Live special rule servers, since we have everything else online.
    RP-Free Trade TLP
    PvP TLP
    ToVNeedsPicks and Hekkthebank like this.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Yes. Why over-complicate things?
    Sollix and ToVNeedsPicks like this.
  11. Sollix Journeyman

Wasn't a fan of the extra/random loot but I really enjoyed the free-trade aspect. Please think about adding this feature for Yelinak instead of the plain current TLP.
  12. Jabnael New Member

+1 for free trade on Vaniki.
    Sollix likes this.
  13. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

No.

"...but I want it now!"

No. You're going to walk past the server aisle and be thankful that you have Mischief to play with for another year.

"How come JustAnotherOpinion gets a shiny new server, and we are stuck with these old servers? It isn't fair!"

All of you greedy boys and girls can wait your turn for another Free Loot server, just like a lot of us waited another year for a Yelinak server.

"Mischief is past my favorite expansion."

If we give you a Free Loot server next month, you'll just demand another Free Loot server next year.

"I hate you! You're not my favorite game anymore!"

Parenting 101.
  14. Starc New Member

Free Trade would be a welcome addition! +1
  15. Icetea Lorekeeper

Same i had no issue keeping 2 - 3 DPS classes avatared, but these people box shamans and do a very terrible job at it.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because something has been looted and is no longer being used doesn't mean it returns to the market or that the farmers are worried about the demand for the item going down do the an overabundance of supply. They are there selling the items to make a quick profit and they will be moving to different camps as demand changes.
  17. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I'm not sure if we're discussing Kunark or Velious, but I'll type up a reply for Kunark first. I have never boxed a Shaman, even though I might try it for the first time on Yelinak.

Is it easy to cast Avatar on 2-3 DPS classes in a group setting?

From the moment that I join a group to the second before I leave, I am always Canni'ing. For argument's sake, we all have Torpor, so we can canni down to low health with high mana and then torpor back to full'ish health. I will use a rogue as my example.

The rogue's stats are 200+ STR, 175+ DEX, 125+ AGI, and 150+ STA.
    Avatar gives +100 STR, DEX, AGI, and STA at a cost of 325 mana, a 14 PP component/per cast, and lasts 6 minutes. Avatar is wasted on strength, marginally useful for dexterity, trivial for agility (+agi doesn't do much), and quite nice for stamina.

Shaman ALSO has group buffs, which he or she can use. Talisman of the raptor gives EVERYONE in the group + 60 DEX for an hour. The rogue has 235 DEX now. Talisman of the Rhino gives EVERYONE in the group +42 STR for an hour. The rogue has 242 STR now. Talisman of the Cat gives EVERYONE in the group +45 AGI for an hour. The rogue has 170 AGI now. Talisman of the Brute gives EVERYONE in the group +40 STA for an hour. The rogue has 190 STA now.

Rogue with just Group Buffs = 242 STR, 235 DEX, 170 AGI, and 190 STA for an hour.

Rogue with Avatar + Group Buffs = MAX STR (87 wasted STR), MAX DEX (80 wasted DEX), MAX AGI (15 wasted AGI - Edit Bad Math), and 250 STA (35 wasted STA) for six minutes, 14pp per character, and lot's of mana. If we're discussing Velious +, then Avatar doesn't require a component anymore.

Skyiron of the Cudgel quest clicky gives +40 to STR, DEX, AGI, and ATK.

Rogue with Group Buffs + Skyiron Clicky = 282 STR (27 wasted STR), 275 DEX (20 wasted DEX), 210 AGI (45 AGI from cap), still 190 STA, and + 40 ATK, which lasts 6 minutes, doesn't cost a component, and uses zero mana.

Are you telling me that you can slow and cripple every incoming mob, occasionally root a mob or two, malo the Enchanter's pet on break, cast regen on the necro + others, (edit) talisman group buff, and off or main heal your group, while you maintain avatar on 2-3 separate DPS/TANK classes without any downtime?

Icetea: "I sure can!"

You are a Shaman, who tells his or her group to hold the pulls for a few minutes multiple times in an hour, while my EFFICIENT group strategy only stops for bathroom breaks, real life moments, and once an hour for everyone to rebuff each other.
    Zrender likes this.
  18. Gormgeous Elder

You just described something that causes RMT to have to put in more effort for the same reward, no?

I am obviously not an expert but I like how mischief seems to have gear readily available for people starting characters there. If I were still playing though I'd probably be part of the problem and just buy gear I wanted if I couldn't get it myself.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Two I can see but three seems a bit much unless all you are doing is Avatar and a low level slow. Maybe after Kunark when you get some FT or in an outdoor zone where you can use a mount. The other issue is that, for the last two TLPs, we haven't had focus effects until Luclin. That meant no mana savings or extended buff durations.
    Zrender and JustAnotherOpinion like this.
  20. Icetea Lorekeeper

Let’s start here .. Avatar doesn’t give STA and you forgot the MOST important thing which is the
    +100 Attack.

No, I don’t malo, cripple and slow every incoming mob, mobs in Kunark die pretty fast and casting all these de-buffs is a big waste of mana, why would anyone malo, cripple and slow a group mob ? Even with 1 charmed pet and 2 decent dps, mobs die in seconds.

Cast regen on the necro ? I hope you’re not serious about this one, they use taps to keep their health up, casting regen on them is not only a waste of mana, it’s also an insult to them, why is the necro in the group anyway ? Unless he/she/it is charming then it’s a waste of group space.

No, I don’t malo the enchanter pet, it’s also a waste of mana, I cast malosini on the charmed pets (it’s better than Malo in case you didn’t know)

With Clarity II, Mana Pot, Bard Song, Awareness (4 hours) and Canni you basically have infinite mana, keep the DPS avatared, patch heals when needed, group buffs up 24/7 (although the DPS almost never get hit and don’t need most of the buffs) and the right mobs malo/malosined, also end up with lots of mana left which I use to dps and buff people that pass by my group (Buffing others isn’t a waste of mana like casting malo/slow/cripple on every mob or casting regen on the necro)

Thank you.
    Muscle likes this.