Request for Next Expansion: Raid Targets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Morigaine Elder

This request may be a bit early but I have no idea exactly when the development cycle for an expansion begins. I would like to request that if the next expansion is the predicted Luclin part 2 and Ssra temple is one of the zones (hard to imagine it wouldn’t be), that the raid targets focus on this zone(not necessarily the end boss).

In the current expansion, only Aten from VT is a raid target which I think is fine because I doubt that most people feel huge nostalgia for Diabo Kaas Vox Blah Blah etc and Aten was definitely the correct choice. The issue with the next expansion is that the targets in Ssra felt more iconic and epic(at least to me). So my ask would be that you consider not just having Emperor as a raid target and reducing Cursed, Arch Lich, creator, and High Priest to static zone names. I could totally see a target like The burrower beast taking the place of one of these based on the current strategy for raid selection.

The harsh reality is that fighting an elephant, a mutant space camel (or whatever a Zelniak is supposed to be) and a big worm with a million adds is just not as epic as some of the iconic named raid targets.

Thank you for your consideration of this feedback.
    Duder and Ozon like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

They should make new mobs to kill instead of ones we already killed 20 years ago that shouldn't exist anymore since we killed them
  3. Celephane Augur

I believe I read 2 years. So you are likely late.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

I think Emperor Ssraeshza & his power structure were canonically cleaned out in o.g. Luclin.

We're unlikely to head back to The Grey unless we're looping back to the Combine story line (a branch from Darkened Sea not EoK-RoS) so the Sillysar shissar take over the temple?

It's much more likely Terror of Luclin is continued with more Mayong/Luclin business, the Gods story line from Rain of Fear.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

What about an LDoN theme'd expansion (as in competition)?

Saved Norrath, nothing but festivities type expansion. Theres no threats out there, nothing but good things happening.

So raids could be like Raids Raids Raids, but it's competitive for the rewards, as in top 5 placers get the nice weekly rewards, there is normal raid drops too.

Randomize (every week gets randomized) the raid mechanics, or every month the developers tinker the raid mechanics and on the monthly patch the weekly custom tinkered raid mechanics are put into place.

No reason why Norrath has to always be in peril, there can be a fun time, all the gods and what not are happy, celebrating, festivity like expansion.

Maybe one of the zones is the Arena, where you fight beasts and there is a crowd watching and cheering you on. So the raids occur in the Arena with the randomized (weekly) or custom tinkered raid mechanics. So, the gods are watching you, all the heroes you worked with and saved are watching you, the Norrath population is watching you. No bad things going on, just celebrations and festivities.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. sieger Augur

No.
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

As much as I like SSRA, I don't think Shissar really fit with the theme of ToL. I would much rather go new zones <Firefall> and less popular zones of the moon.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

LOL imagine ldon 2.0 and trying to finish that hunter haha be insane.
  9. Raptor_Shadowz New Member

would be cool if those ssra temple named were non-instanced 12 - 18 man events, with worthwhile loots / key parts to enter emps throne room.
    Ozon and Fenthen like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

in what way would that be cool? You're just that darned turned on by forums drama? Or do you presume you'd be on the winning side of that grief-fest?
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

plane of growth
  12. Qimble Augur

I would be totally fine with them doing an expansion that was just like 12 different missions each with 3 or 4 variants. But unlike many I actually prefer missions to open world named hunting.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Greenhaus Gasse New Member

the hardest of passes.
  14. Tenken Augur

If we continue with the current theme what will probably happen will be! We'll probably start seeing more gates opening and the shadows corrupting the natives of the moon. Gate will sprout in Greig's End, Ssra. temple, shar vahl, and The Deep.

Tier 1 -
    Shar vahl - Lion's Roar
    Grieg's end - An ancient shade
    Greig's end - Shadow returns

Tier 2 -
    The grey - High Priest
    Ssra. temple - The Cursed
    Ssra. temple - Emp. ssra

Tier 3 -
    The Deep - Thought horror and mind burrowers
    The Deep - Mayong Betrayal
    Realm of shadow - Mayong/luclin conflict (another Two Gods - Luclin gets locked away and mayong escapes too only return in the future...)
  15. Lubianx Augur

Must have Paludal Caverns and plerg phlarg fiends that have 3 hour dots of over 250k HP
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

They could have the Ssra zone but it was invaded and the Shissar are dead or captured and we have to restore balance. Or something like that.
  17. Raptor_Shadowz New Member

All the flavors in the world... and you chose salty
    Someone has ptsd that their open zone raid mob got ganked.
  18. Burdi Augur

Probably next expansions will be an other recycling of some other part of Luclin with no lore, no quest, no story, no creativity, and no meaningful work.
    Expect just a few big raid event and nothing else.
    So the answer are in the op question.
  19. Jennre Band Leader

How about a few multi-group named battles in open world, as well as raids.
    Ozon and Raptor_Shadowz like this.