REQUEST - /chatfontsize command that affects all chat windows

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ForumBoss Augur

Use your twitch donations for a costco eye prescription and fill it with a cheap company like zenni optical. Or, get lasik if eq streaming is more lucrative than I think. Get generic corn dogs and mountain dew to save $
    Bobbybick likes this.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

I'm running 4k and find it passable, but scaling would be nice. I have corrected vision and move the monitor fairly close to the front of the desk - so it is legible, but difficult to fit a 4 course meal in between the monitor and edge of the desk.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Liloith New Member

To add to the mayhem, I copied UI settings from an old computer over to my current install when I upgraded computers. My chat font size 8 works on all the OLD UI settings files imported in the new installation, but font size 8 will not save on any NEW characters I make. Whaaaa?
  4. Nadisia Augur

Check your UI_CharName_ServerName.ini files.

In the [ChatManager] section, you'll find some lines like :

Code:
    ChatWindow0_FontStyle=8
    ChatWindow1_FontStyle=8
    etc
    You can edit these files with any file editor.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have tried editing the files directly while logged out and it still doesn't work for me. The only window that accepts /chatfontsize 8 that persists between logins is the main chat window. No idea why.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea gets annoying i have seperate tell window for tells(default) and every text i get i have to resize to chatfontsize 8 be nice if everything would just be that size. I made a chatsizefont 8 hotkey just a annoying. The main window is ok with 8 all other windows always need to be redone with my hotkey.

Andarriel
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.