Not A Bug Request #1166535 - Dark Reign faction previously amiable now scowling

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ChiiChii, Nov 20, 2022.

1. ChiiChii Augur

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Nov 20 11:07:49 2022

Character: Level 120 Cleric (Main)
    Zone: The Lavastorm Mountains

Target NPC: Xeib Darkskies

Target Location: 3073.00, -286.00, 38.16, 369.00

Description: I had been leveling my Dark Reign factioning for Dragons of Norrath. Earlier this morning (1AM EST Sun-20 Nov), my Dark Reign faction was Amiable. I now log in to find my faction was reset and the NPCs are scowling at me when conning. This is YOUR INGAME ISSUE. FIX IT. Your customer service is ATROCIOUS! FIX IT
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you look under your faction standings listing? EQ-Character- Faction to see if it altered there also?

I would assume customer service told you to reacquire the faction standing in game (by turning in more tokens) which is not bad customer service, its just not the answer you wanted
  3. ChiiChii Augur

Thank you for your reply. I tried handing in the Dark Reign tokens, but the NPC won't accept them cos faction is at Scowling. Never did DoN progression on this toon. Norrath's Keepers, by default, was max ally; Dark Reign was dubious. I can see how my Norrath's Keepers faction from max ally is now at Kindly cos im trashing it by doing dark. The Norrath's Keepers faction remained as it was when I logged off.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you never did any DON progression on this character then this a created Heroic character that assigned your Norrath Keeper by default as Max Ally

Originally once you chose a side then you would stick with it and do all the quests for that side.

There is this from the link below:

Once you choose a side, you can reverse the process and go with the other side. However, it is said that if you do this after completing any Tiers of Progression on one side, you will loose the Alternate Advancement Abilities that you earned (with your original faction), as your faction drops down (reverses). However, when progressing with your new side, you can simply regain (re-earn) the opposite version of the AA you lost.

Just a disclaimer from
    http://www.bonzz.com/donprog.htm

I don't know of anyone who has changed their Heroic Character Norrath Keeper to Dark Reign or if its even possible. But yes, there will be bumps along the way, if it even works. And I highly doubt customer service will be able to help on any of this.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres some check in the background to keep the factions "balanced" so you can't have them both at once, this is by design, you chose one and stick with it. Sounds like you got hit because you are still friendly with Norraths Keepers.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Dragons_of_Norrath
    In order to progress through this expansion, you would be advised to pick a faction and stick with it.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  6. ChiiChii Augur

Tremendously appreciate your helpful responses. :)
  7. ChiiChii Augur

I do not disagree. By default, Norrath's Keepers was max ally with zero DON progression from heroic toon. I chose Dark Reign with the expectation my faction wouldn't reset what i earned from dubious to amiable all the way to scowling upon next logon. /shrug i wish i knew...:(
  8. Windance Augur

Is there are any reason to choose light side vs dark side? I don't seem to recall any major differences.
  9. Spacemonkey555 Augur

In era they had some differences in group missions/raids available and most people were doing keepers faction on my server, quickly became a self reinforcing cycle as you needed groups to do DON back then. Now people say on a new character the dark side is easier to blitz the missions.
  10. Windance Augur

I have coins from both light and dark so I suspect I did both. I remember at some point just pushing through to "fix" my evil side characters so it would make raiding easier since everyone was on the light side.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is not a bug, this prevents you from doing progression on both sides to get both sets of AAs.
  12. ChiiChii Augur

I'm refraining from listing it as not a bug as because it is a choice; good or evil. Because it is a heroic character template, does this mean you'd need to select an evil race in order to BE in Dark Reign faction? My race is dwarf and i am choosing evil faction.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I believe all heroic characters start with good progression, and this was an intentional choice on the part of the devs. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

You are certainly free to do evil faction if you want to, but you have to start over to do so, and that still isn't a bug.
  14. ChiiChii Augur

The ultimate customer service satisfaction experience.... case is closed without ANY SUPPORT. Truly, what a horrible experience. Customer service is the LEAST helpful and yet, we are still required to open tickets to report issues they cannot help with.

They even went as far to say you have the correct faction, but we cannot verify the incorrect faction... WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN THAT? (daddy chill)
    [IMG]
  15. ChiiChii Augur

Respectfully, your self title of "Lord of the game" doesn't reflect your game master status. Are you a game master?

I am looking for a game master's help. This is the support I trust be provided for all customers, free-to-play or subscribers.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What they are saying is you have the correct faction per your Heroic upgrade (did you tell them you had that?)

When they say "they are unable to confirm you have the incorrect faction" means you have what you started with and there is nothing to indicate you should have had the other faction.

Your at the point now where you can continue to work on switching to the dark or stay with good.

Clearly it is not a bug because you do have the power to change it yourself by going thru the switch.
  17. ChiiChii Augur

I am in agreement slightly because if I had Amiable Dark Reign faction that I worked on through missions and quests to gain the Dark Reign token and hand them in to the NPC, why the hell was it reset to scowling?????
    I cannot get a game master to understand this, nor can I get an answer on it
  18. ChiiChii Augur

Why must provide my own game logs to prove my point? The game masters have access to logs.
    [IMG]
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes they need simple petitions with little or no extra info. Something on the line of:

I created my level XXX Heroic character and he was assigned DON faction for Norrath Keepers which is the good side of the camp.

I did not want the good faction so I started working on the Dark Reign and got to amiable. Which is what I wanted.

Next time I logged in the faction was reset to "scowling" which erases all the turns ins I did to get to amiable.
    Fanra and ChiiChii like this.
  20. ChiiChii Augur

Aanndd there is the issue in my log. Upon my NEXT sign-in, my faction was reset by -480
    @Beimeith -- you are correct. Your community player support help was appreciated.
    My expectations must've been misplaced as I thought the game masters in customer support could've provided this help. Yet, us players must rely on community based support. Not the ideal model.
    [IMG]