Repeated You have been disconnected, ideas ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kukgrol, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Kukgrol Elder

My family and I recently returned to EQ. We run a high end gaming router and modem with 150Mbps throughput. We have no hiccups anywhere, except in EQ. It constantly gives us "You have been disconnected" messages periodically. We can be xping for a bit, but then bam, they all go dead. My sons and I run 6 toons, on 6 different computers. It is not the wi-fi because 2 are hardwired ethernet straight to the router. We can stream 4K movies, run multiple Netflix / Roku etc no problem. Is this some true box thing getting in the way ? Do we need to adjust some parameter on the router ? We are not using any cheats of any kind, and only running 1 EQ client on each computer.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Nentendo New Member

Are you by-passing the EQ patcher when you are logging in?

I multi-box on one computer, and have found that by-passing the patcher has caused multiple issues, including occasional disconnects, sometimes even on one account while other accounts stay active.

That's my first thought.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Nah, I do this all the time. Multi-box on same system. Bypass launcher. No issues staying connected for days at a time.

My first suggestion is remove the router from the equation. Hardware one machine DIRECTLY to the modem. See if disconnects continue. My guess is that fancy router has some setting intended to reduce latency on newer games that isn't compatible with the way the EQ client handles its traffic.
  4. Yendar Augur

Been happening to
    Me all week, sometimes just 1 account, sometimes
    Both. Internet stays connected the entire time. I am bypassing the patcher using EQW if I stopped using that would it help?
  5. Cleaver Augur

99% sure this is because of you bypassing the launcher. I've never had it happen to me when using the launcher but have had it happen when not using it.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What you're describing is a false positive from Daybreak's key broadcasting detection for Truebox servers. Are you and your family all playing on the same Truebox server? I believe Daybreak's detection for key broadcasting basically just checks to see if devices are using the same IP address, and then if so, checks if they are also mashing the same keys at the same time on multiple devices. If you guys all have hotkeys assigned to the same keys (often digits 0-9, etc.) and are hitting them at the same time during combat, it can trigger their key broadcasting prevention stuff.

Could try reassigning a few hotkeys so you aren't mashing the same keys at the same time. Also I think Daybreak has some type of white listing system for new accounts. Once they determine a set of players is legitimate (i.e. not key broadcasting) then you will see far fewer/no disconnects from false positives. But there seems to be a lot of disconnects for fresh accounts boxing on new servers, or for multiple people playing from the same IP on fresh accounts. It's not the greatest system ever.
  7. Yendar Augur

Makes a ton of sense, as I recently remapped a lot of my keys to be same across all my toons.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

If you are on a truebox server then Xyroff is likely right. On my 3 box I set my macro hotkeys to different keys on all boxes - for example main uses (mostly) 1-6 Box 1 7-0 Box 2 VBMN<> Before that I would get disconnected quite a bit if things got hectic
  9. Gilhedrine New Member

My wife and I started back playing about 3 months ago. We tandem fight together all the time with no issues. But, if we join another group, we get the "you have been disconnected" Usually once or twice, but almost always after we join 2 or more others. Tonight, in group of 6, it happened 5 times! Finally, gave up.

I did have a thought that since we are always grouping with no problem, maybe if we are grouped and then pulled into a new group, this might be problem. So, we disbanded and voila, we still dropped out. We camped and here I am! Any thoughts?

We do have some remapped keys, but they do not affect us when we play just the two of us.
  10. Gilhedrine New Member