Remove minimum number of players for older group tasks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Omni181, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Omni181 New Member

Would it be possible to remove the minimum number of players requirement from some of the older progression content tasks? Things like the DoN progression line that get you some extra AA's and stat buffs. These lines are worth doing, but can't be solo'd due to needing at least 3 people.
  2. silku Augur

People have been asking for this for a long time now, and I think it is overdue. It's not hard to get 3 people together for some of it,but the ones that require 6 people to request are more than annoying. Even on good guild nights it's often hard to find 6 people who aren't already doing something to come to lavastorm and stand there while you request something. (if memory serves some of these actually require them to be in zone?)
  3. Nenton Augur

Goblin Dojo. Have to drag 6 people into the instance to trigger the script and then it takes only moments to kill the mobs when they become active then wait some more for the script. Then they do things like requiring certain amounts of people to open a chest but don't mark it on their calendar that 2 years later that restriction should be removed when it's not an exploit that lets so few amount of people do a mission/raid.

Still don't think it's as bad as running back out to MPG every 2 hours because of trial lockouts. Those needed to be unlinked so many years ago. It would be shocking how long some of this stuff has gone on for but the devs don't play the game so they don't experience these types of unnecessary inconveniences.
    beryon likes this.
  4. jarsh92 Elder

I would be happy if they would at least allow mercs to be counted for the player number when requesting the DoN raids. I don't care if they poof when you zone, but at least let us be able to request them.

Same would be nice for Anguish...would love to be able to go there and just "play around" without having to drag other people with me.
    beryon likes this.
  5. Brudal Augur

Can request Anquish with you and 5 offline toons in group. Would only need a 2nd ftp account with 5 characters created, invite and /camp x 5 to request the zone.
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

Rather silly to put people through that though. In this day and age.
  7. Liliana Augur

Remove the level spread limit on the tasks as well, especially the raid ones. There were some lvl 70s looking for helP with DoN dragons the other night but max that can help is 85. Dz's don't have this limitation, why should the raid tasks.
    beryon, Murdertrain and Sinestra like this.
  8. Omni181 New Member

I agree the MPG things should be unlocked as well. Or at the very least, if they can't just be unlocked due to technical reasons, find some alternate way for us to obtain these stat increases while experiencing the storyline. I would really love to be able to go back and experience a lot of the older content, but finding people who are even slightly interested is tough now that the level cap is 100. I'm not even sure you can still request some of the quests/zones/raids if you're over a certain level.
    silku and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Delano New Member

Adding my 2 cp to this too. Reduction of requirements for old raids and group tasks would be very helpful. Some of the old content, like DoN, is worth going and revisiting for the unique rewards. It sucks when you have to get 6 people to join for a raid that is essentially soloable.

Whilst we are on the subject of silly numbers of people needed for no reason.... The field of scale raid is now old content, the exploits in it are fixed, and yet if I want to go box the raid to get flying mounts for my characters I need 12 people in the zone at the end of the raid?

Please go back and look at some of these numbers. You have content out there that still has value to people, and yet is not used due to obsolete requirements.
  10. Blacksun Elder

I think the real question is "why are there minimum numbers at all?" Is it because of the server load and possible issues if 1,000 people suddenly requested a mission/raid with only one person in the raid? Is it because of some philosophy to encourage grouping? Is it to reduce exploits due to fewer people in a raid (to defeat a particular mechanism?).

It seems as though unless there is a technological limitation due to possible server/network load, raid minimums should be abolished altogether.
  11. Samtan Lorekeeper

I agree with all of the above. I hope that devs consider it.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm sure this isn't the first time it's been asked, but here's to hoping asking this one more time works out.

Please consider the above.
  13. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

*raises hand* and add to the list the BIC tasks.

Joyeuxx
  14. Xirtket Augur

They should just remove the requirements from the zones, especially once they open them and they don't require flagging anymore.
  15. CaRnon Augur

I hate that I have to start a raid and get 5-6? people (I forget how many it is) to even get the instance for Tavci.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

For sure remove level limitations, and minimum player limitations.. but I miss having flags. =(
  17. Silv Augur

You need at least 6 and be in an actual raid which is why requesting the Tacvi expedition is a huge pain. Once you have the instance though you can roll with whatever like.

This comes up every few months since the dawn of time but doesn't really seem like something they have an interest in addressing/fixing. At least we get expansion unlocks now... guess that's better than nothing. Personally, I totally support reducing/removing the requirements for old raid content.
  18. Talif Augur

If they don't want to make it too easy, only allow people who have the actual flag (rather than just a level unlock) request it with less than the minimum. Seems like a reasonable trade off.