Refund please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clyve, May 20, 2015.

1. Clyve Lorekeeper

Can we get a day added?
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just subbed up today, guess my mistake for trusting this game & company.
  3. Clyve Lorekeeper

I think all is well if they just add a day to anyone who subbed today or activated a krono. I don't feel trust has been broken or anything quite that drastic.
  4. Tamier Augur

I just subbed up yesterday to be ready for today, I too would like a day added to my sub please.
    Gknight likes this.
  5. Qenduven Elder

I'm sure in the time you spent creating this thread, you could have removed yourself from your buttocks and scrounged up two quarters from beneath your seat cushions. That would be enough to pay for your 1 day sub.
    wahnd likes this.
  6. Jonalexander New Member

I am the owner of three accounts. I activated them Yesterday (Wednesday) May 20. For the purpose of playing Ragefire.... After a wasted day and night, with the only sign of coming online is... "We will re-evaluate the situation tomorrow." How do I get a refund for this waste of time.
    Dognu and syntheticastral like this.
  7. Lekkric18 Elder

The problem isn't the amount of money. It's that people are paying for a service and not receiving that service. Whether it's 50 cents or $100 doesn't matter, I want to get what I pay for.
    Reyed likes this.
  8. Kormith Lorekeeper

I don't care about the $0.70 CAD I'm paying. It's a shame the server couldn't hit it's mark today. However, you're kind of being ignorant by trying to disestablish his point. It's the principal of the matter and completely warranted.

If you order 30 shots at a bar for your crew, then they only bring 29 shots. You're probably going to be a little weirded out if they charge you for 30 shots.
    Senadin likes this.
  9. Silv Augur

We have downtime on the Live servers. Should we be refunded that 25 cents every patch day? No? Right. But I'd *love* to hear arguments on how this is completely different :rolleyes:
    oshnappleton, Phrovo1 and Dibab like this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That's good customer retention. I could hardly care about the $ value. I care more about the inability to deliver a product I just paid for.
  11. Dognu Journeyman

Yeah, I just activated one of my accounts after reading that you had to be paid member for it to show up on the launcher. Imagine my surprise when it showed up as locked. I'm not very happy right now.
  12. Qenduven Elder

Yeah, you're right... the principle is a big deal. I counted the fries in my McDonalds fry box the other day and there were 2 fewer than usual. So I went back to the store and screamed at the cashier to refund me a nickel. I'm a hero in my town now.
    Torbulus and oshnappleton like this.
  13. Kormith Lorekeeper

SoE / Verant (and one would assume DBG) have historically refunded time for unexpected downtime. Back in the PoP era they gave us a whole week because of a 24 hour downtime out of nowhere.

The key difference is, they hyped up this date. Of which people took time off work, got their stupid kids a babysitter, planned out the day with friends. And other things which hinged on the server launching SOMETIME today. That's why it's different. But I mean you're welcome to your opinion however wrong it is.
  14. MabbuFippy Journeyman

I spent 8000 station cash...you took it from me when you wiped the server.

You got rid of your phone support....your ticket system takes up to a week for a response at times....how are you going to make my station cash refund easy for me?
  15. Warriorgod Journeyman

The problem is, while many of you feel you paid your monthly sub specifically for RAgefire, you really didn't. You paid it to be able to play their portfolio of games and servers. Now if all of the stuff they offered were down, or most of then yea I can see them reimbursing, but not for this.

I haven't seen it here yet, but I think it is really funny people who where complaining about the XP rate being too high a week ago some of them (at least one name I knew/know) is saying he wants XP potions for being down for a day...
  16. OJSimpsun New Member

so if i were to reword this it sounds like this? "i have no personal standards when dealing with a for profit company's that hire college educated programmers to handle decade old code (not that it makes it easy to work with, but its been there to learn) and fail to produce expected product.
  17. Clyve Lorekeeper

WTF, I did not name this thread "Refund please." I named this thread, "For those of us who subbed or activated a krono today..."
  18. Silv Augur

Remember that EULA you accepted today? Here, let me remind you guys of this part:

1. Sales Policy

You must be at least 18 years old to make a purchase. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian submit the payment information and authorize the transaction on your behalf. By submitting your payment information and making a purchase, you agree to pay all applicable transaction costs including sales taxes, credit card fees, mobile carrier fees, etc. Daybreak accepts many methods of payment, including credit cards, game cards, PayPal, SMS, etc. Daybreak reserves the right to add or remove any method of payment at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
      Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any Daybreak Game(s). Daybreak is constantly changing the Daybreak Games and may, in its sole and absolute discretion, add, modify, disable, suspend and/or remove any Daybreak Game(s), any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any computer code, games, characters, character names, storylines, titles, dialogue, catch phrases, digital downloads, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, themes, objects, environments, artwork, maps, locations, likenesses, poses, models, textures, costumes, logos, emblems, powers, badges, achievements, sounds, voiceovers, musical compositions, concepts, artwork, animations, special effects, methods of operation, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, video files, game engines, launch pads, and client and server side software, data, information, materials and other assets contained therein (collectively, the “Daybreak Game Assets”). Under no circumstance will Daybreak be liable for any claim that relates to or arises out of any such change that it makes to any Daybreak Game Assets. Daybreak may suspend, discontinue and/or terminate any Daybreak Game(s) and/or Daybreak Asset at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. If and when Daybreak ends a Daybreak Game, the Virtual Items that you have acquired in any Daybreak Game(s) will no longer be available. Any Virtual Currency remaining in your account for such Daybreak Game(s) will still be available for use in other Daybreak Games. No refunds will be made for purchases of Subscriptions, digital downloads, and/or Virtual Items.
      In the event that you have purchased any packaged (i.e., physical) goods from Daybreak, you may return such packaged goods to us for any reason within thirty (30) days of shipment for a full refund, less shipping and handling charges. Prior to returning any such packaged goods, please send an e-mail to returns@daybreakgames.com to request a return authorization. Unless you have requested an exchange, you can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase. All undeliverable or refused orders will be treated as a return, with the same policy applied as returned items.
      If you wish to purchase any Subscriptions, Virtual Items, digital downloads, or Daybreak Games-related services (each such purchase, a “Transaction”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Transaction, including without limitation your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD(S) UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. You agree to pay all fees, payments and applicable taxes relating to the Game incurred by you or anyone else using your account. By submitting such information, you grant Daybreak the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Transactions initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction.
    I enlarged the font size of the important part. Original link here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service
  19. Kormith Lorekeeper

Your point is sound, however anyone who takes a step back will realize that almost everyone who subbed in the last 24 hours did it for Ragefire. That level of detached reasoning pretty much confirms the validity of people who want a day added.

And Silv, linking the TOS just cements the fact you have no business being part of the discussion. Every single person here knows that online gaming agencies don't guarantee uptime. The discussion is more just urging DBG to show a sign of good virtue.
  20. Hotix Lorekeeper

I like the 30 shots analogy. I want something to drink now!!
    Oldschool, Torbulus and Silv like this.