Redoing Crystal caverns or Rygorr mines Tasks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elyssanda, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ZERO regular Xp upon completion hail, ZERO AA upon completion hail..

I get that the MAIN amount of xp is in the first time.. but surely you don't intend for it to be a one and done, never go back and do it again thing.. that would be a waste.

I had XP set to 100% regular XP and got nothing upon hails, a friend had 100% AA , and same thing.. not even .001% for either of us.
    Yinla, Greymantle and svann like this.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Had this happen as well. Most dissapointing.
  3. Mintalie Augur

Yikes. But xp in ToV is fine!
  4. sojero One hit wonder

IF they were merc tasks, than the only ones in the xpac that gives any xp is the Velks ones. If they were partisans, and you should do this anyway, list the names.

You don't give enough info for your thread to be useful to devs that don't have time to research stuff themselves. I know this last sentence sounds like I'm being an @$$ but they has stated many times they have to have all the info, or at least as much as possible to even look into it.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Deathly Elder

The real question is why would you do this one twice.... Just my opinion, but this task was hateful hehe.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Mercenary tasks.. We were killing in the mines anyway, so grabbing the mercenary tasks seemed .. logical. get credit for what we were killing while we did it.

We'd already done them the 1 time as tasks and got our XP bonus for them, but none of them gave any credit the second time around.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

They are talking about the merc (kill x type of mob) not the long partisan task in CC (which that, and the sub partisan tasks, EXCEPT the CC merc tasks, do give repeat xp).

And they are correct. There is no logical reason why in the entirety of ToV that only the merc tasks in Velks give xp (about 8 AA per completion on 90aa/10reg).

But it's not a bug. The merc tasks clearly indicate a reward of 200ish plat only. I'm pretty sure it was like this in Beta and I don't recall any comments (very possible the reward wasn't added until the last minute so no real time to comment).

It would be nice if a dev could just confirm the fact that the completion of the non-Velks merc tasks were meant to give cash only.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Sadly I was busy testing a LOT of other things and never really looked at the partisan or merc tasks after getting the crashing bug for the CC partisan thing fixed by bugging the hell outta a dev and making him come with us to do it.
  9. Dewey Augur