Recruit a Friend Bonus

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Numiko Augur

Is there a chance we can have this turned on for Phinny now?

I can understand why its disabled on younger servers but on the more mature TLP servers I would think this would be a boon to them, possibly drawing back people who have such accounts and have left by offering them a chance to catch up quickly with the bonus exp.

It originally went live on June 30th 2011 too which would put it mid House of Thule, so its not even out of era anymore either.
  2. Mithra Augur

No
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Pretty sure its gone. Not allowing new recruits. This is from 2015:

"It is cancelled. When they went f2p they cancelled it and those who had it had to keep paying to get grandfathered in.
    Piestro wrote:
    Hey folks,
    I've got some good news! JChan has put in a lot of time over the last week or so, both digging through code and working with other SOE teams to create a solution for the Recruit a Friend bonuses. RAF bonuses will be grandfathered in, but there are some fairly specific limitations in how we can do this so please read this thoroughly! We'll be reposting it, but I wanted to get this answer out to the folks in this thread as quickly as possible.
    In order to be guaranteed eligibility for Recruit a Friend benefits after Free to Play, players will need to have been actively subscribed on 2/27/2012. We will take a snapshot of the program on 2/27/2012 and this list will be used to determine eligibility for Recruit a Friend benefits.
    In order to receive Recruit a Friend benefits both the recruiter and the recruitee will need to have gold status. If either account slips from gold status, benefits will be suspended until both accounts are Gold again."

So unless you already have it you can't have it.
  4. Numiko Augur

oh not talking about letting people sign up for new recruit a friend accounts, just enable it so people who do have such accounts can get the exp bonus. Like I said it's not out of era anymore.

I know it was somewhat of a failure, which is why they cancelled it, really it became recruit a box and not so many "friends" got recruited....