Reconstructed Wereorc Head

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by asgaard, Apr 12, 2014.

1. asgaard Augur

I'm almost finished with this quest, but could use some tips from anyone who has done it.

I'm stuck on this step: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4483

I got the mining pick. I copied the locations of mithril ore from Zam to my map file and went to several of the locations, but couldn't figure out where to click to get the ore. I zoomed in on the map and made sure I was right on top of the location and tried clicking with and without the pick on my cursor. No luck.

I went back to the first location and stayed for about a half hour clicking on various spots around the rocks and miners and still no luck. Am I doing something wrong, or was I on the right track clicking random spots?

Thanks.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I did this task not too terribly long ago and it worked just fine. Mining causes additional mobs to spawn, so be careful and make sure you do it one at a time if you're taking multiple toons through this.

You need to actually equip the pick, not have it on your cursor. Try that? Then you click and two adds will spawn.

http://rasper.samanna.net/SoF/BM_T_3.html
  3. Edrick Augur

I just did this a couple days ago. The spots where you can mine are ridiculously tiny. I relied more on the descriptions than the actual /locs themselves.

It gets worse if you're doing hero's journey. There are a few missions in Beza for the ancient faycite circum pieces where you have to plant bombs and the places you can plant them are about as small as a dime.
  4. asgaard Augur

Cool. Thanks much for the replies. I appreciate it very much. I hadn't tried equipping the pick Aanuvane, but I'll go back tomorrow and try that. I will be so glad to finish that quest lol.

Thanks again!
  5. asgaard Augur

Ok, I'm a little slow sometimes, but I finally figured it out lol. I equipped the pick this morning, but I was clicking on the floor and walls next to the miners to no avail. It finally dawned on me that I had to right click the pick. If I had read the description on the pick itself yesterday I might have figured it out then. Thanks again for your help. I'll be done with this today.
  6. asgaard Augur

I just now noticed the first post on Zam said to right click the pick. Guess I was in too much of a hurry to finish and didn't read closely enough. I've spent a lot of time on this quest and I'm just getting tired lol. Will read everything more closely from now on.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

That quest arc was a pain - I did it with 3 toons in the low 80s with mercs and Bloodmoon is an icky zone at that level (repop way too fast). I actually started in the high 70s, but had to wait til they were over 80 to mange through BMK. Grinding up to those ghosts multiple times and grinding through the jails to get back to where you do the mining ...ugh!

Don't forget to bring the vial of purified mana with you to the forge for the combine!
    Anglesy likes this.
  8. Anglesy Elder

I love long quest arcs- Jonas Dagmire is one of my favorites in the game- but yeah, this one is a pain. BMK is just a pain in general.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

I like the long quest arcs too :) I've done Jonas at least 10 times :rolleyes: and I've done the purfied faycite, the wereorc head, the oculus, Baron Yosig, the other SoD augs, the DoDh clicky mask, and so many more....a glutton for punishment! I think one of the only ones I've started and never finished is the rallosian familiar.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Good to see I'm not the only one who enjoyed these. :)