rebuild of my clr

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ptah, Nov 22, 2017.

1. ptah Augur

So im returning after a 2 year break and will be raiding with clr. Before the break mana was never an issue. My QM went to a Drool sally or that top teir wussy that was out casting all dps. I understand the nerf to QM with the shared timer looks to affect that style. My healing style besides adjust to team was mostly quicker; more is better and preset extended windows 2 or so Multi binds.

Current day does my aug direction need to balance out towards Hwis.? I understand some will tell me its like a tra 50 a tic and shows little to no return. I do intend to gift my QM someone else. Full use of all Clr tools but non QM.. or is it best to focus on Hsta. A case could be made for Hagi if I played different.

Does the glass drain fast enough to worry or is it too big that Hwis/passive regen to mana makes little to no affect within a Raid situation. Aka ooc will never to rarely happen.
  2. Tour Augur

I geared for survivability pre-QM-changes (ie: AC, HP, and related heroics with the only mana and wis being whatever was on there). Post-QM-change I have not noticed a difference (to mana, yes, but not enough to matter or require s change in tactics regarding heal output). Of course this is with doing all the things one does to keep / gain mana (spec aug, yaulp AA up full time, raid buffs, horn of unity, rods, avoiding mana drains when possible, VP if needed, etc etc). Keep in mind how long you can sustain this is largely a function of how good your guild DPS / structure is. If you can sustain max heal output for X minutes, it doesn’t matter what X is if your DPS can beat the event in < X. That’s not an option for everyone. And of course coming back from a break would make this a bit harder too and you may want some more traditional gear to get your mana pool back to the range of viability more quickly.
  3. Gnomereaper Augur

HWisdom for type 5's. I use Black Gem of Radical Torture for one Type 5 and Frosty Gem of Protection in my type 5 for the 35 rAC increase to Shield. Outside of that it's HWisd for type 5's. For main augments I go for HWis and anything that provided direct benefits such as AC/HP/Mana augments with Mod3's. On primary I use a sympathetic healing proc.

The 15% Specialization Alteration is something I've considered using, I do have the Anamolous Rock of Formation but decided against it's use in my current build structure. There's a Type 7/8 version from 4th Gate Neriak.

Sustained build would be HP/Mana+HWis>HSta+Anamolous Rock of Formation, but I haven't seen the updated data in several years on the 15% mod to see the total savings. But have seen it in some magelo's.

So the traditional build is still alive and viable, but there's a lot of augments to support rounding out other stats such as AC. Relife Augment is a good example by just completing progression.
  4. ptah Augur

Yeah I have the 15 percent spec aug.. coft era. Assuming this still shows value for a mana check as im a spam healer. Zero fear of over healing or too a fault mashing that multi bind til my mech keyboard crys. Sure im looking at directions given or extended window.. but if im healing im chasing max casts attempts which in theory leads to max healing possible. Eck i hate how i worded that but its the only way I can express it.

Love to know the hard numbers on heal amount numbers equation. Claimed to be poor return on invest I suppose if I trust what I have read. Feels like this number should be a target to chase imo.
  5. fransisco Augur

A type 7/8 aug will only give you ~200 mana for a good one, and just a couple hwis (total of 0-1 mana regen and 200-400 mana pool).
    The spec aug will reduce all spells of that school by 2% on average (pretty sure thats the number). This REALLY adds up.
    That straight stat aug only provides a benefit while you are FM. Once you are at 99%, it stops doing anything.
    The spec augs work 100% of the time.

The spec augs aren't pretty( they don't increase stats), but they are still the best augs any spell caster can use.
  6. Gundolin Augur

I can generally mash my multibind in a raid or group situation and not worry about mana, and I still end up feeding my QM to a Ranger or Beastlord about 1/3 of the time. I personally struggle with mana a bit down in the vault trying to stay between 30 and 70 is more of a challenge for me personally than it should be. But aside from that I wouldn't worry about your mana pool much.

The helping hand from Valley of King Xorbb I think is probably the second most important for mana after your CoTF specialization earring you alredy talked about.
  7. ptah Augur

I dont have this helping hand from Valley. Is this a similar effect to shawl with shawl being capped (600) and the helping hand is % based? I dont know and looks like I need to read up. Would like to up the chances of gifting my QM to a dpser.. possible even known ahead of time maybe. Something in the 80 to 90% range.. this would be planned self<others mana or life bar.