READY , SET, GO....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I just finally did the 25th anniversary task for the augs. Nice reward and thank you for the extra content. Can I please ask a favor. When you design the tasks, can you not change the word to start it? It has been READY forever. I would venture a guess that most everybody has a key made up that says /say ready. Now i get to type prepared everytime to start this, or make another key on an already crowded UI. We seen something like this before on the Reetuk the Inexorable task in crescent reach. The oh so clever move of making you sit down before it would send you off to the mission. Please just leave it at READY. Thank you.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Flatchy, your posts never disappoint. :)
    Flatchy likes this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

I thought it was Ready, Steady, Go.
    JetZeppelin2h likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

What, No, I have to go?
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they're not gonna put the NPC quest dialog in it's own channel away from the normal /say channel, I'd prefer it if they just popped up a confirmation box I can click to enter a task rather than looking for the correct word to click on or having to type something out.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Its really awesome when about 5 people are standing around an NPC really clicking up a fury. Ya dun know whos turn it is to respond. Then just break out the Bristlebane throwing pies and crank it up a notch!
  7. FYAD Augur

This has been asked for many times already and it's never been addressed.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

When the quest/mission giver has more than one location it can send you, I can understand why there is more than one trigger word. Otherwise, I think it is just the designer wanting to some way to compel reading of at least -some- of the quest/mission dialogue.

I, too, wish the NPC dialogue was in its own chat channel, such as NPC tell, that could be coloured differently -and- would not fill the window with multiple responses when you have a whole group (or more) all talking to the NPC at one time. When XP is reliant on doing the progression quests/missions, it becomes extra annoying. EQ2 did think of this issue from the start and has most NPC responses in tell.
  9. JetZeppelin2h Augur

The original version of the song doesn't have commas in the name.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

And they have hotkeys with 5 lines
    prepared
    ready
    go
    etc
    yadda

and your say channel just explodes.
    Flatchy likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im not ready...
    Vumad, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  12. Bernel Augur

You may be able to have all the keywords on one line, like this "prepared ready go start now etc". I've done that for some quests where I have to talk to several people. I put all their keywords on a single line and they respond to whichever word is theirs.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

I did that with the gift task in HF (before it got nerfed), and one of the quest responses for one NPC was also the raid trigger phrase for another NPC. So, going to each one and hitting the hotkey, would always end up spawning a DZ instance for my toon if he was grouped when I got to that NPC. That's why I think entering a task (or raid) should be a confirmation box, and not a work in the chat window.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  14. error Augur

Would be nice if all the keywords to zone into an instance could be substituted with a simple hail ;)
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or put a "Enter" button on the quest window next to the quest you just got. Even that would be better than having to scroll and click text or type something out, making sure you're in the right chat window/tab for /say.
  16. Razorfall Augur

DID YOU EAT-a KRAFFF

ME TOOOOOoooooOOOooOOO
  17. JetZeppelin2h Augur

That is how I normally have my hotkey setup. It still has some issues for request people when the same NPC has one word to request group and another to request raid.

The raid for frostcrypt 2 always anonys me because of the way the guy you request the raid from just says tell this other random npc I sent you but there is no [value] when you hail the guy to get in so it can be confusing since it isn't a normal statement to zone in and requires reading the text to figure out what needs to be said to zone in. Not totally a bad thing more like a old school classic eq quest that was text based to figure it out so when you don't do it for a few months you can forget and sit there scratching your head for a few mins trying to remember how to get in.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]