ravens claw

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by plobb, Sep 18, 2014.

1. plobb Elder

Does anyone use this? I have been using asp forever, but was curious if anyone actually tested or found that this ability is worth using. Same with smash
  2. Greyowl Augur

As a casual soloer i usually use gorilla smash

Single target stun for 2 seconds (lvl 109 cap). 100 range, Resist: Physical -155. Also includes Abjuration Attack for 131 with 10000% Accuracy Mod and Decrease Hate by 12750. (max hastened) 30secs reuse

and slam / bash instead of kick, as the stuns / interrupts mean more to me than the slightly higher dps from Bite of the Asp and kick.

Ravens claw i have never used but would be curious if others would say the atk debuff is better than the stuns / interrupts in terms of inc dps.
  3. Barc Lorekeeper

Raven's Claw goes under the same logic as using incapacitate. You'd use it if you didnt want to miss out on riposte damage.

I'd say if i were in end-game gear i'd consider using it for dps increase in terms of riposte dmg. If the riposte damage surpasses BotA, i'll let someone else educate me about.

Cripples stack also.
  4. Shang Augur

Three abilities being discussed :

Raven's Claw - Decreases Attack, Skill Attack, Decreases hate.
    • By virtue of lowering the NPC's attack, the NPC's riposte damage will tilt towards the lower end of the spectrum
    Gorilla Smash - Stuns 2s (level 105 cap), Skill Attack, Decreases hate.
    • If the mob is stunned, you cannot riposte on it. Decreases PLAYER riposte damage.
    Bite of the Asp - DoT, decreases hate
    • No effect on anyone's riposte damage.
    I'm not sure what you meant by your riposte comment, but none of the three abilities should be increasing a player's riposte damage.
  5. Barc Lorekeeper

Well allow me to clarify then.

The same reason druids use ATK debuffs, or enchanters cripple (as opposed to slowing for example) , you'll still get hit, but the amount of damage you take from each hit is lowered (as you mention in your first point on ravens claw).
    So by slowing/stunning the mob you're lowing your own riposte damage output as you will take less hits from the mob, but with cripples (albeit not the never enchanter cripples like helix and conciousness i think, not sure how double wield decrease mechanic works) you will still take hits at a 100% attack speed from the mob, but they will deal less damage to you, thus making it easier to survive the hits, but not sacrificing the chance to riposte the mob. So easier to self sustain healing. Mainly a technique aimed towards the better geared beastlords with higher AC and better self sustain that want to min/max solo DPS.

Basicly the discussion if slow or atk debuff is better on a mob, from a healers pov. Spikey vs. steady damage income.
  6. Khauruk Augur

Riposte is such a minor component of DPS, I wouldn't even factor it in to anything here.

If you're needing some form of defensive mod, the -atk will have a much greater overall effect on your risk of death since it will shift the average DI down slightly. Gorilla Smash is more effectively used strategically when your health dips and a stun gives the healer more time to bring you back up.
  7. Barc Lorekeeper

As i said, i'll let someone educate me on riposte dps output as i havnt parsed it. I just know it's a thing that some of the better BST are thinking about.
  8. Stubar Augur

As far as riposte damage output, it's noticeable when using 2hb soloing. It's nothing to write home about, however I most definitely use 2hb all the time solo. I pull with incapacitate, and use bite (The one and only time I'll ever cast a dot).

Dual welding riposte damage was barely measurable tbh.
  9. plobb Elder

Stubar, Do you have any other pointers for soloing or small grouping? I didn't use incapacitate until I read your last post...hahah