Ravening Servant Aggro

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Allayna, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Allayna Augur

This new RS pet aggro needs a look.

Using rank 1 of the spell, but EM31, easily over takes aggro on the MT, noticed since the patch.
    Cadira and Jack like this.
  2. SteamFox Augur

Sounds more like a tank issue than a spell issue, the RS has high aggro by design but I've never seen it rip aggro off a tank who was actually trying to tank. Is the tank using their abilities? Normal tanking weapons? etc
    Kaenneth likes this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Super productive input.

I've been tanking for years, am pretty vocal that our aggro is decent and doesn't need overhaul, a juxtaposition to some of the paladins in game... This is new. Nothing else changed. AE aggro, single target spell spam, lots of direct hate and hate over time spells and the RS pet would go from not engaged, to 50 to 80 to 140 hate and take the mob while actively spamming through abilities.
    I cannot see what weapons the RS pet uses as the new /pet inventory commands do not show anything for the RS or swam pets. But watching through the procs they spam through a boat load of procs, with flurry.

Please don't contribute if you don't actually have something valuable to input.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Please do not nerf RS pet aggro, it's already hard enough to keep mobs off BSTs.
  5. Allayna Augur

Be easier to move mobs if 40 swarm pets weren't controlling it huh?
  6. SteamFox Augur

To be fair the OP wasn't very productive either, you made no mention of the class that was having issues, what they were doing about it as far as spells, discs, weapons only that the MT can't hold aggro. Any particular zone or mob you're seeing this issue on? All? Only 1 camp? There is not alot of info for them to go off here. My mage pet has no issue holding aggro against the RS, maybe whatever has changed is on the tank side?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Sure:

125 Paladin
    Most recent playthrough was in Hero's Forge, on the Forge mobs.
    I use a variable amount of abilities to maintain hate/survivability/raid healing.
    I keep preservation on at all times for the hate modifier and my rogue in group generally haste the higher amount hate aggro mod on me.
    I recently started casting Marr's on the group (it is blocked on me) hoping that would lower the RS pet aggro (it did not).
    Your mage pet with /taunt on?
    I do have a bard in group, and I did see a lot of procs happening from the RS pet, as well as blackguard's synergy strike V firing a lot, which may be contributing to the added hate.

[61988/49720] Blackguard's Synergy Strike V
    Classes: WAR/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Single
    Range: 600'
    Resist: Lowest -1000
    Can Reflect: No
    Can Break Root: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Hate: 11520
    1: Decrease Current HP by 76800

Spam Key:

1: /disc Gird
    2: /alt activate 3826 - Force of Disruption 28K hate
    3: /alt activate 660 - Divine Call 70K hate / gravitate
    4: /alt activate 2029 - Vanquish the Fallen Undead AA nuke, only fires if undead
    5: /useitem Necromantic Dragon Bone - Lifetap anniversary item

Now that spam key is tied to my 1 - 6 spell gems in a multibind.

1. Force of the Wayunder - 20K hate / stun
    2. Valiant Disruption - big papa AE witness aggro hate / heal TT
    3. Ecliptic Force - group heal/stun/hate
    4. Burst of Sunspring - big, fast, quick heal TT
    5. Avowed Force - stun / 17K hate
    6. Protective Acceptance - heal TT / 15% mitigation up to 133K (downside doesn't stack with Vie)

Those stay on cool down and #2 in valiant means I'll be tanking a lot.

I have a snap button:

1: /doability 1 - which is taunt
    2: /cast 7 - Honor line - HaoT with 22K instant hate and a small mitigation for the group as a recourse
    3: /cast 9 - Audacity line - Debuff and HaoT

I prefer much more control over when I use UA and AE for single target hate, some people would add those to the above snap button.

I also will use Ardent Audacity freely with the improvement to debuff slots, it is an excellent HaoT and magic debuff.

Penumbral blessing I will use to lock down a mob if I know I'm gonna be getting reliable direct healing.

Beacon of the Righteous, Hallowed Lodestar and Heroic Leap I use on near cooldown. Buyer beware using Beacon and Hallowed back to back and on incoming. These three are considered our AE AA aggro abilities.

I keep Audacity and Honor on every mob.

The only other "change" I could see is losing something with no new Valiant line. I don't see "witness" aggro move much if at all in LS which could be an issue with that particular spell, which is where a lot of our AE hate is generated from.
  8. SteamFox Augur

Yes my pet taunt is on.

Has your rogue recently hit 125 or got Mayhem since around last patch for the blackguard's to be somewhat causing the issue? Can you pet block buff it?
  9. Allayna Augur

No and No.
  10. Cadira Augur

Rs pet agro is pretty insane, but I think it always was. I think the only way to easily reduce it is to lower dps of the pets, but nobody wants that either. If there's another way that's be cool to see it happen.
  11. Allayna Augur

Could've been a fluke day/lag/zone/mobs, who knows, seems to be back to the standard climb to like 60-70 on the hate meter but not over take the tank now.

They still have impossible aggro if they assist on a mob before it is in camp despite UA/AE etc, the mob will stand outside of camp and attack the RS.

As for ways to combat it, they could equip the RS pet with a negative hate mod piece of gear.

On the QoL list of things, how bout a way to shrink them, like if my pet is shrunk, all my RS should summon as shrunk. I know I know...crazy.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

This is a mage skill issue. If mages send early, this can happen. If a mob casts on the mage, the rage pets will charge in.

Mages should not send early.

Mages should have a hotkey to despawn their rage pets instantly as needed, and they should use it if it is obstructing mob pulls/positioning.
  13. Alnitak Augur

Aggro value above 100 is a definite sign of a "lag spike". It is not an absolute number, it is a "percent of the maximum on the list", so 100 is the max. A value 140 is a tell-tale sign of a lag spike, and as such all bets are off on an aggro-list.
    When you see an aggro number above 100 expect the unreasonable.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

The aggro meter is hate relative to whatever is targets target. In raid, pets cannot be targets target, only players, but pets can still have more hate. So you can see a pet over 100% because they have a higher hate value than the tank, which is expected behavior.
    Gialana likes this.
  15. SteamFox Augur

If the mob is stunned as well I've seen hate go over 100 since they mob is unable to change targets.
    Gialana and Svann2 like this.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

I have a sneaking suspicion that high enough pet hate the tanks aren't generating enough additional hate to override the pet, and when they step out of melee range the pet takes back over because players override pets in raids.

In addition I suspect, if hate abilities are short range and tanks are used to having the mob in tow in range of the ability, they either run up like they think they usually do or start running while hitting hate abilities but are too far out of range for it to successfully land because they are not in melee range to override the pet target.
    SteamFox likes this.