Rathe

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Toejam Stinkyfeet New Member

2. Marconian New Member

I am a go;d member and a veteran and in all of my 15 years have i seen this 24hours down on a server man get some help that knows what is going on. or loose a member.
  3. Underbrush Elder

If someone posted an official status it would probably help.
  4. pk76 Augur

what is the worst sever mediocrity record ? , we might beat it :confused:

i hope we will get some kind of compensation like xp potion ( s ) or a shared 3.
  5. Lade New Member

it would be great to get an update or an eta. I am tired of this
  6. Aelian New Member

I'm a Gold member, recently returned after 15 years. I even spent real money to buy a stupid hat ornament slot. I'm extremely annoyed that SOE can't be bothered to give any kind of update when a server is down for more than 16 hours. I realize it's still before 9 a.m. on the west coast, but don't they have somebody on call overnight?

It's also annoying that the official server status page continues to list The Rathe as up, as do some similar private pages.

Why wasn't there a back-up server ready to be plugged in? Downtime should be a max 2 or 3 hours for data upload, even if there is a catastrophic hardware failure.

And I sure hope they have all of my characters backed up.

My wife and I are going to cancel our Gold accounts if this isn't fixed within a few hours today, along with a proper explanation.
  7. Underbrush Elder

In theory it just unlocked.

Still would be a good compensation to reduce lockout timers, lost a good night of raiding.
  8. Lade New Member

yeah just unlocked, lost raids last night and time is money. i want some free exp !!!!
  9. Aelian New Member

Yep, it's up and working, at least for the moment.

Isn't it reasonable for me to assume they ought to be able to swap in a replacement server in no more than 2 or 3 hours? For a large operation like SOE, the cost of a backup server is peanuts.
    silku likes this.
  10. silku Augur

I'm not seeing any announcement, even an apology for what happened and the lack of communication? I understand the lack during the middle of the night sure, but in the morning after offices have opened too? Am I just missing a post? Or are we just being ignored?
  11. Zamboni Journeyman

Hey, forget about a back up server - how about using the current Rathe hardware as a backup and actually upgrading to a new server? The Rathe has long been plagued by more problems than the vast majority of other servers and is in sore need of an upgrade.
    Narye likes this.
  12. Underbrush Elder

That's just crazy-talk Zamboni
  13. Aelian New Member

I wasn't systematic about checking, but I think I saw that this thread is by far the most active thread on the forums over the last half-day. It really is astonishing that SOE doesn't have some customer relations guy drop in with an apology and an explanation. I'd be bankrupt if my own business treated customers like this.
  14. Tadenea Augur

originally server started having lag issues where it may take you a dozen tries to even zone keep getting denied entry. or take 15min+ to zone and lag chat, it crashed, came up same issues. So it was taken down later brought back up seem fine for about 10min then started acting up again so it was taken down again. Yes its up but locked, which means there maybe more issues with the server or whats causing it, and trying to solve it before it may spread to other severs perhaps
    Some Devs were still up late Wednesday Night also working on it
  15. Mookus Augur

People complaining that SOE hasn't acknowledged this. .... This very thread I have seen multiple posts that they are working on it. I think people should relax. Entirely too much arms waving in the air. I expect this kind of freakout over nothing from my wife... not my escape!
  16. Aelian New Member

Nonsense. Only one SOE employee has posted here. Roshen posted just twice, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. EDT. First he asked if just some zones were affected. Then he just said vaguely they're working on it. There has been no other communication from SOE in almost 15 hours. That is something worth complaining about.
  17. Roshen Brand Manager

The team worked on this throughout the evening, and the server should be working correctly now.

If you guys continue to have issues, please let us know.
  18. wingz-83 Augur

Looks pretty good to me!
    [IMG]
  19. Underbrush Elder

Roshen, a lot of us are in the tech industry so we understand how minor issues can go sideways. How about a commitment to providing updates a bit more frequently?

A grand gesture like reducing lockout timers wouldn't hurt too.
  20. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

I'm not a programmer so if you start talking code, my eyes cross and glaze over. I do however build my own PC's so I understand hardware.

I'm actually shocked that this thread only got to 5 pages after some dang sneaky purple gnome got the hamsters drunk.

I would LOVE to see more frequent and informative updates when things go wrong. It's a lot less frustrating if we have some clue about what happened, what's being done to fix it, estimated time of repair and, if needed, ETA updates if it's taking longer than expected.

While we understand that code can hiccup, hardware can fail and techs may not be immediately available, we don't like being almost completely left in the dark when something messes up the game we (in probably most cases) pay to play. Giving us a bit more info in a timely manner goes a long way toward happiness or at least understanding.

As for reduced lockouts, I'd be happy with that or a double xp day to make up for the day that was lost. *grin*