Rarity of t3 visibles and rk2 spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by anastazia, Nov 30, 2014.

1. anastazia New Member

Is anyone else having a hard time finding these things?

With only one PH for named and with my perceived rarity of the Highwaters and/or spells I'm wondering what the time commitment is going to be to fill up my group with this stuff. So far I am on 3 days with 3 named pops that dropped 1 armor piece and 1 spell total.

Camping all day on one mob and not seeing it at all or even killing it a few times with no spell drops or armor piece gets frustrating to say the least. I'm really not enjoying myself.

I ask that the rate drop gets a significant increase please.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Buddy said he got 10x Steelstone powersources in the time it took to get 1 set of arms for his Wizard box.

Cultural looking like what my boxes are going to ride out this expansion in.
  3. Atvar Augur

Try completing the entire group expansion (progression, hunter, conquest, collections), seeing only one level 105 rune drop, and losing the roll. That's not replay value, that's stupidity.
    Fenudir likes this.
  4. Xicararn Journeyman

so far, ive had 6 / 8 slots of vis drop for my pet wiz, ravens telling tales though.. i had 8 steel stones drop camping arms not 10.. ive had 11 spell runes so far, and 2 raid attunables, id suggest killing more then progression quest mobs, and mobs your on a merc task to kill, just set up, camp some named, grind some exp, and youll get your drops.... eventually :S
  5. anastazia New Member

Xicararn....I am just trying to figure out if I am getting beat up by the RNG.

How long would estimate your /played is getting 6 visibles on that one toon?

My experience so far has been about 24 hours (8 hours per day over long weekend) played to get a single visible drop.....I have a group of 5 that all needs this stuff.
  6. Cerris Augur

I picked up arms on my first kill of the named butterfly on Thulisaur, for whatever it's worth.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Current EQ developers want the player base to play and experience TDS.

If a player completes all group progression, mission challenges, and all hunter achievements...it would seem to me that the individual did experience all of the TDS group game.

At that point I would think it would be fair to unlock a special NPC that allows the player to purchase rk2 spells with HA currency. Thoughts?
  8. anastazia New Member

I would be open to any and all alternative ways to hear up

I just did the math and if my results are typical it's going to take me 840 hours to gear up 5 toons....5 toons x 7 visibles x 24 hours per piece

35 days /played if you prefer

I can't imagine that's intended so I'm thinking I've just been getting super unlucky. Can you imagine a PUG trying to fill these slots at that rate? Fuggetaboutit.

I wonder though what the actual percentage is on the likelihood of a visible drop on each named.
  9. anastazia New Member

Another thing to consider is the fact that there is only 1 PH per named this time around when in recent history there have been 3.

Given that fact the Named spawn likelihood has been reduced by 2/3. That's assuming that the spawn rate per PH has stayed consistent.

Maybe the visible drop has remained the same and I'm just seeing a greatly reduced Named rate in general.

Wasn't it stated a long time ago that the odds of seeing a Named was set up to be about 1 per hour?
  10. SaderakhBertox Augur

That's pretty consistent with what I experienced when camping the Tank PS in Combine Dredge. 3 out of 4 named spawns dropped the PS, and one also showed some leg. I believe all 4 dropped the aug as well. This named has at least 3 placeholders that I saw personally.
  11. Axxius Augur

The armor pieces are rare because they are sold on the vendor for the group currency. The prices are not unreasonable given that you don't have anything else to do for a year.

Spells are rare drops from trash and also drop from the named sometimes. The difference in power between rk1 and rk2 is so small that it doesn't really matter. Everybody has all spells already as rk1. And a whole lot of time to get those rk2 rare drops. The expansion has only been out for a month.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  12. Noirfu Augur

There are multiple PHs for most of the named mobs in my experience.

My group took a couple of weeks off in frustration after trying to farm T3 named for visible gear. We had gotten 1 visible drop after killing 40 T3 named. In the same time, we'd also gotten 4 spells, 2 from named and 2 from trash.

Last night we played again for the first time since the patch. After 2.5 hours keeping the PHs for mayor and Nonia down in Arx, the Mayor popped one time and just had the neck as usual. So, we're up to 41 named killed with one visible drop.
  13. Axxius Augur

Just do the HA's for the currency and buy the visible armor. The HA's are all very easy and give great xp.
  14. Atvar Augur

The difference between rk1 and rk2 is that rk1 spells are equal/worse than previous expansion rk3's, while rk2 is actually an upgrade. There's no reason for any CoTF raider to buy the majority of rk1 spells.
  15. Axxius Augur

But we are talking about the group game here. Group players don't have the previous expansion's rk3 spells. And raiders will get rk3 from raiding in TDS too.
  16. Maeryn Augur

You're a Necro, isn't the Rk.1 TDS spells in most cases an upgrade to a Rk.3 RoF spell?

[29567/9429] Pyre of Hazarak Rk. III
    Classes: NEC/94
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2498
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -100
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 3023 per tick
    Text: You are consumed in a pyre of cinders.
    Fills your target's blood with fire, causing #1 damage every six seconds for %z.

[44454/9629] Pyre of Jorobb
    Classes: NEC/104
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2846
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -100
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 3849 per tick
    Text: You are consumed in a pyre of cinders.
    Fills your target's blood with fire, causing #1 damage every six seconds for %z.

Is mana cost a big enough concern that you're passing up 800 base damage? 50 Fists of Bayle for a bunch of weeks, I hope your important Focus effects soft cap at 103 if not 105 by now.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

Awesome game design huh?
  18. anastazia New Member

If the t3 gear is going to be so hard to get then they need to give the t1 stuff current focus.

I would accept that without a whole lot more grousing.
  19. pk76 Augur

you linked the level 94 spell,
    the level 99 one is 3666 per tic for the rk 3 tho..........
  20. Axxius Augur

You are just going to ignore T2 like that? ;)
    T2 is really cheap, can be bought with HA currency easily, has lv 105 focus, and the difference in stats between T2 and T3 is pretty meaningless.

You can have a full suit of T2 quickly and then farm the minor upgrades to T3 over the next several months.